SUPERCARFEST @ SHELSLEY WALSH SAT 20TH JULY 19

andy james

34 minutes ago, StormtrooperZ said:

With all this rain about. I guess there's going to be a few dirty zeds on show tomorrow?!? :(

Unfortunately yes. Loads of narrow B roads on my journey so am expecting mine to be filthy. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, StormtrooperZ said:

With all this rain about. I guess there's going to be a few dirty zeds on show tomorrow?!? :(

I just checked the forecast again and it’s now showing sunshine most of the day - fingers crossed, just need to wash the car tonight, so it looks like I’ll be that guy who washes the car in the rain like some demented lunatic :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wheels 370z said:

Apologies as this may have already been explained but do we just head for the usual public entrance and pick up signage to the club stands from there???

There will be signs directing us to the club area and marshals will greet us there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ponsonby said:

Unfortunately yes. Loads of narrow B roads on my journey so am expecting mine to be filthy. 

3 hours ago, Vid said:

I just checked the forecast again and it’s now showing sunshine most of the day - fingers crossed, just need to wash the car tonight, so it looks like I’ll be that guy who washes the car in the rain like some demented lunatic :)

3 hours ago, Wheels 370z said:

Was hoping to spend some time on mine today but no good..... :thumbdown:

I'm going to go to the local Eastern European establishment for a late night wash as soon this rain stops tonight! And will bring plenty mf towels and detailing spray tomorrow!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wheels 370z said:

Apologies as this may have already been explained but do we just head for the usual public entrance and pick up signage to the club stands from there???

Depending on which direction you approach the paddock entrance I imagine we’ll be in the area used for public parking which has a gated entrance either just before or after the paddock entrance. 

Its a grass covered area, on a hill. Which may be challenging given the rain.... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really enjoyed the show. Due to the smaller venue it was nice to chat to some fellow z owners whilst walking around. Sadly we positioned ourselves next to a group of numpties (they thought an Aston Martin vantage was a mustang....) halfway up the course who were commenting on how slow some cars were going up the hill. Probably one of our favourites was a miura s being driven by an old(ish) lady-probably worth 7 figures( the car not the lady) and people expect the owner to nail it up the hill!  Nice one Andy.  edit -it rained all night and on the way to the event-anyone got any aftersun for the burn??

Edited by N1ck
  • Like 1

Great day today. Great weather, great location, great cars and great company.

Looked like the event was well attended so hopefully there will be another next year.

It's a really nice venue and would highly recommend going to watch a hill climb event there.

Thanks for organising Andy.

• Like 2

Well for me that car show was the best by far! Location, high end cars screaming up the hill all day whilst chatting with friends and venue etc. Perfect.

Thanks for organising Andy, will be down for this next year for sure.

Sorry I didnt get chance to meet some folks from off the forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A big thanks to all of you for  coming along to our first attendance at this amazing new event today. I can organise till blue in the face but without the  20 plus quality Zeds it would not have happened. All week the forecast was against us and after yesterday’s rain I was not feeling confident of a grass based show!

Well we got away with it and the venue,amazing collection of SuperCars in action and hospitality was top drawer.

Most of the cars blasting up the hill today are only seen in magazines, static shows or museums. I have a lot of pics to upload tomorrow but these two stood out for me. Roll on next year!!

91F2EC5E-58FC-4A89-9E46-57DBD35417E7.jpeg

834E747D-AD70-4839-8133-0FD63CD06B15.jpeg

• Like 5

Now that was my kind of event. (not that japfest/trax rubbish) :p

A mini goodwood. 

Great day  

Perfect weather 

Fantastic cars

Delicious food (Mediterranean van was spot on) 

Brilliant people

Andy thanks for organising. Will be there at the next one. :clap:

P. S. Who ever put my 'directors' chair by my car, much appreciated. :thumbs:

Edited by monkeybrain1234
  • Like 5

A big thanks to Andy from myself and Louise for organising this meet,  we both really enjoyed the day great location a change from the norm and getting up close to all those supercars, a couple of  which I had posters on the walls of my bedroom as a youngster, being the F40 and the Testarossa. Definitely be up for this next year. :thumbs:

• Like 3