Which car today has been in its current generation the longest?

hmale4yu

6 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Isn't the Ford Fiesta the longest running car type? Or do you mean longest running style?

the current generation . So the Fiesta has only recently entered its lates generation

lotus Evora has been in the same generation (gen 1) since 2009

i think up till 2018 it was the G wagon (1990-2018 G Class 463)

Edited by hmale4yu
  • Like 1

Was about to mention the punto but like the G wagon 463 that generation is no longer in production 

It gets a bit grey with low volume car makers like Caterham, Ginetta . 

I think it could be the GTR . maybe some of the older guys on here may have a better idea

4 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Depends on what you determine a “generation” to be. The Morgan 4/4 hasn’t really changed since its introduction in 1930-something...

Ignoring v low volume like ginetta, morgan, Caterham etc just to get a more common sense answer to this. I think it might be the 500. Generation also includes mid-life facelifts

With the 50th Anniversary 370z just being unveiled (underwhelmingly) in the USA as a 2020 year model  together with the Nismo only available now in White & Black across multiple markets we may be looking at 2020 being the final production year of the 370z.