Autoglym UHD WAX on sale!!!

Rikz2004

Halfords currently have a sale which means you can get the newer autoglym UHD WAX (which is supposed to be one of the best) along with UHD shampoo for £36.75. It comes in a nice carry bag/case also. The products are full size, and the wax alone is around £55 when full price.

Link:

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=165671&productId=1492038&storeId=10001

I couldn't resist and have bought it!

Anyone used it before and/or have any tips for getting the best out of it?

Can I use it on top of a sealant (I have jetseal 109)? And if I do will it add anything? 

In short; yes, but no.

Yes to can use on top of Jetseal, but no it won’t really add much. It’ll be a sacrificial later that will extend the life of Jetseal a little bit but that’s about it really.

To get the best out of the shampoo, give it to someone who only uses one bucket and a sponge to wash their car, that’s about its level really. There are much better alternatives available for not a lot of money.

The wax is okay, it’s not one my favourites but it’s not a bad wax. Apply thinly and do two coats to ensure coverage but other than that it’s pretty straightforward to use.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

In short; yes, but no.

Yes to can use on top of Jetseal, but no it won’t really add much. It’ll be a sacrificial later that will extend the life of Jetseal a little bit but that’s about it really.

To get the best out of the shampoo, give it to someone who only uses one bucket and a sponge to wash their car, that’s about its level really. There are much better alternatives available for not a lot of money.

The wax is okay, it’s not one my favourites but it’s not a bad wax. Apply thinly and do two coats to ensure coverage but other than that it’s pretty straightforward to use.

Thanks for the reply @ilogikal1

Sounds like I'll just be using the UHD wax next time I wax the car and won't bother with the jetseal in that case as that seems to always take me forever to apply and remove!

Thanks for the heads up about the shampoo - I'll give it to my mum to use on her car, I just saw it as a freebie in all honesty :lol:

So I washed and waxed the car today. Used dodo juice shampoo followed by autoglym uhd wax.

I was happy with the results, a pic is attached :)

I definitely need to clay and polish the car though, at least it looks good in pics for now.

photostudio_1555265378997.jpg

Its brilliant stuff. Been using it for weeks and I cant recommend it highly enough. Rinse your car off, leave wet, spray a little on each panel and wipe off. Produces a great shine and very repellant.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Killick.z said:

It was one of my go to waxes before I ceramic coated the car. Very easy to use, up there with Meguiars Liquid Wax in my opinion.

Are you coming down to the ACE CAFE meet buddy ?

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Neat little test of some high street paste waxes

I'm subscribed to forensic detailing channel on YouTube so I've seen this too.

It was a good video and shows that the uhd wax is pretty good, certainly in comparison to high St waxes anyway :)