Fuel consumption

Tapps

I have owned my 2004 350 for nine years and have loved it for its reliability, subtle charms and for the great satisfaction derived from driving it on the right roads in the right way from time to time. I am considering buying a 370 Nismo, however would very much appreciate any insights on how much worse the fuel economy would likely be. I appreciate that a 370 is going to be thirstier than my 350 but a little more detail and precise facts from anyone would be valued.

Many thanks

Not a Nismo (which I doubt would be much different) but mine averages 27mpg according to the trip thingy. Mostly driven around town and in the countryside, not so much on motorways now due to their sparseness in Lincolnshire and mostly with a conservative right foot.

I`ve no idea really what it drops to when you do start pressing on around the country lanes but the fuel consumption chart thing on the display seems to constantly plummet downwards and stay down there.

Edited by Wayne370Z

370z with upgraded air intakes, aftermarket exhaust and a remap, usually get 35 on the motorway and 28 in town.

Cruise control helps keep MPG down on the motorway but spirited driving will easily take you down to 10mpg. 

Stock NISMO won't be too different. 

Must be nice living in the sticks where you can get off the driveway without harrasment and traffic jams. I was averaging 18 MPG but on motorway that jumps to around 26mpg if you reset the trip. Mostly town and dual carriage way twice a week to get fuel. That was a 17 Nismo. Covering around 80-100 miles a week. £35-£50 per week. The 350 was a lot better. 24MPG average.

Yes some spirited driving but 90% of the time sticking to 30mPh and driving reasonably.

Edited by GranTurismoEra