My new nismo! Couple of queries/problems if someone could answer?

Luke350

6 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

I would also request photos of the new clutch as proof of what they have installed, I wouldn't trust the main stealer, I got ripped off by them years ago, I wouldn't go to Nissan not even for a dust cap :rant:

Good thinking mate :thumbs: I know. Not filling me with confidence so far.

6 hours ago, Ponsonby said:

If you are really concerned then suck up the cost of a call from Jamaica and phone them! Alternatively if you have internet then download something like Skype and call using that. Or check if Westway have internet chat.

Not what I asked. Already plan on calling them but thought best to email first to save a very expensive phone call. My problem is if they’ve already put the clutch in I will need to know how to check if what they’ve fitted is what I asked for. That was what I needed to know.

6 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Which dealer is it fella, il bell them for you.

Yes it’s westway Manchester chancellor lane. That would be more than kind mate. Can’t tell you how much it would be appreciated.

‭0161 273 2400‬

1 hour ago, Luke350 said:

Yes it’s westway Manchester chancellor lane. That would be more than kind mate. Can’t tell you how much it would be appreciated.

‭0161 273 2400‬

Its not a problem, Jess in service just now advise a gearbox seal is on back order etd 6 weeks. Clutch not being replaced, only the clutch bearing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Its not a problem, Jess in service just now advise a gearbox seal is on back order etd 6 weeks. Clutch not being replaced, only the clutch bearing.

6 weeks! jeez, stay on holiday for a while longer! Im no mechanic or car doctor, but didnt oil leak onto the clutch and flywheel. Is it just a case of cleaning it and refit along with new seal

Edited by GranTurismoEra

25 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Thanks so much mate. 

3 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

6 weeks! jeez, stay on holiday for a while longer!

Ha. It’s been a rough start to ownership. The plan of getting a nearly new one so I don’t get problems with it didn’t work :lol:

• Like 1

If it was me, I'd get the part number of the seal (I should have done that) and see if somewhere like Clark Motorsport has one as it may share with another gearbox but have the same part number. Buy it and have it delivered to them, can't see it costing much at all.

So far I’ve been told they’re just changing the seal. Then new clutch and flywheel. Now just a seal and a bearing. At least if the clutch is ok, I know it’ll definitely be an exedy one.

Good idea davey_83. Im home next week. And now I know I’ve got a 6 week wait, at least I’ve time to sort things.

I'm guessing Nissan don't do what the German dealerships do with getting their mechanics filmed? They stick a go pro on their helmets/work suit and they explain what they're doing along the way. 

You can watch the footage and check what parts and work is being done. 

Mate has it all the time for his Golf R. 

• Like 1

I got a 10 sec video of the mechanic showing me the oil leak under the car when it first went in. But that’s the only communication I’ve had. Everything else has been me (and davey :lol:) calling and asking what’s going on. 

18 hours ago, Luke350 said:

I got a 10 sec video of the mechanic showing me the oil leak under the car when it first went in. But that’s the only communication I’ve had. Everything else has been me (and davey :lol:) calling and asking what’s going on. 

haha typical Nissan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gearbox seal came in early. Jobs been done. Told me tracking been sorted too.

Drove it home.

Tracking still off to the left and there’s a big clunking sound coming from under the car when I come off accelerator. Service closed until Monday so I’ll bell them then. Do you think I’m able to send it back and get refund? Been less than 2 months. Been in there 3 weeks. Bit fed up with it. Think I’d prefer to look for another one from somewhere else. :bang:

Edited by Luke350

Anyone know why my passenger window drops when I open it, but then doesn’t lift back up when I shut it? Then I’d open again, it drops, but then same again, doesn’t go up. So literally opened the car door 5 times and it’s made its way half way down and doesn’t go up, unless you pull the window switch up.

5 hours ago, Wheels 370z said:

Hi Luke, do a window reset..... drop window and hold switch for 10 -15 seconds. Take window up and again hold switch for 10 - 15 seconds- hopefully that should sort the problem. :thumbs:

Great! Thanks mate. It goes in tomorrow to find out what the clunking noise is and to do the tracking again.