My new nismo! Couple of queries/problems if someone could answer?

Luke350

Here’s some pics of my new ‘18 nismo in storm white! But got a few small problems. 

I can hear a rattle quite loud when the windows open. Sounds like a heat shield type rattle. Anything common that can rattle on these?

As I pull off, there’s about half a second where the exhaust sounds a lot louder and deeper then goes back to normal. 

Then I need to call Nissan up and tell them my tacking is out, the steering wheels point left a little when straight.

And is the biting point quite high on the nismos? Mines right at the top and don’t want the slave cylinder problem happening. Can this be altered?

09F55788-CB3E-4D2C-BACA-ECE744F58762.jpeg

F4080FB3-7960-4C8E-B4D6-A3D99C4CA3BB.jpeg

D78E7FA0-F27C-45D5-8D0C-8838CAD0F7D8.jpeg

Hi mate. Have a 2016 Nismo and don't have or have never had any of your issues. I would say that the stock exhaust needs replacing as its the one thing that lets the car down. I had the ARK Dual Grip on my 350z and have it on my Nismo. Perfect look and sound for the car. I am assuming the delivery blocks have been removed from the springs ?. Would get the alignment checked as it sounds off. Not sure about your rattles. Biting point is a little higher but I am not sure what you are used to driving. In comparison to a 350z its not that different. Maybe see if you can cross check it with another 370z at the dealers if they have one.

• Like 1

Great. Thank guys. Springs are clear of transit clips. I think the release bearing is going on it too :( loud whining that goes as soon as I press the clutch. Done less than 9k. Starting to take the excitement of the new car away now. Its less than 12 months old so I’m hoping they’ll just sort it all, or they’ll have me constantly moaning to them for the next 2 years of warranty!!

5FB35760-D7BE-4D40-811E-28409F1A5752.jpeg

• Like 1

Certainly get these things checked out on your warranty but sounds like your ears are a little sensitive to little noises etc 

All 370s make the noise you talk of when going on and off the clutch ...well both of mine have anyway. 

Get the issues checked out and if its all good get out and take no notice enjoy the car 

The 370 definitely isn't a silky smooth quiet car they have all sorts of squeaks and rattles and agricultural noises 

• 1 month later...

Well, you’re all too positive here :lol: 

it needs a new clutch and flywheel!! 

Rattle was a loose brake calliper 

wheel alignment getting sorted.

turns out there was a gearbox leak that fit into the clutch and caused damage. A bit worrying with less that 9k on the clock. So 12 months old and getting new clutch and flywheel! 

Quick question. It’s an ‘18 plate, so should the new clutch be the exedy one? (it’s what they would have taken out) Or could they chuck an older one in and I’d never know? Thinking is it worth me requesting it to be an exedy.

2018 Nismo 370z should have the exedy clutch fitted when new as it was an upgrade on earlier 370z Nismo. Replace with the same is my advice.

Edited by Payco

Hope its all free. These defects possibly symptoms of abuse. This an ex demo? I dont know about Nissan but the oil leak in gearbox happened to me with an Audi A3 pushing to the redline uphill! Needed new clutch and flywheel as well as a hole sheered in the gearbox casing causing oil to leak onto the clutch/flywheel causing it to slip. £1000 all in! New box and clutch/flywheel

Might just be one of those things! But this car should be able to handle it

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

On 16/05/2019 at 05:00, Payco said:

2018 Nismo 370z should have the exedy clutch fitted when new as it was an upgrade on earlier 370z Nismo. Replace with the same is my advice.

Ye I definitely want exedy to be fitted. But will they automatically fit the exedy with it being an 18 plate? Or do you think I should specify so they don’t just put any in? 

On 16/05/2019 at 09:09, GranTurismoEra said:

Hope its all free. These defects possibly symptoms of abuse. This an ex demo? I dont know about Nissan but the oil leak in gearbox happened to me with an Audi A3 pushing to the redline uphill! Needed new clutch and flywheel as well as a hole sheered in the gearbox casing causing oil to leak onto the clutch/flywheel causing it to slip. £1000 all in! New box and clutch/flywheel

Might just be one of those things! But this car should be able to handle it

Salesman said it was the directors car for 6 months. But I suspect it was a demo car with that kind of wear to the clutch. Either way, if it all gets put in new, that’s great. Thanks incompetent test drivers :lol:

6 hours ago, Luke350 said:

Ye I definitely want exedy to be fitted. But will they automatically fit the exedy with it being an 18 plate? Or do you think I should specify so they don’t just put any in? 

If it’s a main dealer you will no doubt have to tell them. It should be like for like so they should replace the exedy  with an exedy. Don’t accept anything less.

Edited by Payco

12 hours ago, Luke350 said:

Its Nissan, Insist on it being the Exedy. They cant really say no as the model year is 18.. I had the 17. That clutch isn't great. Mine was slipping at times. 

• Like 1

Westway aren’t replying to emails I’ve been sending since 18th. Can’t call them to request the exedy clutch as I’m in sunny jamaica. If they end up fitting the wrong clutch, and just try to say it’s the right one, is there a way to visually check the clutch to see which it is?

On 18/05/2019 at 09:26, Payco said:

If it’s a main dealer you will no doubt have to tell them. It should be like for like so they should replace the exedy  with an exedy. Don’t accept anything less.

I would also request photos of the new clutch as proof of what they have installed, I wouldn't trust the main stealer, I got ripped off by them years ago, I wouldn't go to Nissan not even for a dust cap :rant:

Edited by ShortPaul
Spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Luke350 said:

Westway aren’t replying to emails I’ve been sending since 18th. Can’t call them to request the exedy clutch as I’m in sunny jamaica. If they end up fitting the wrong clutch, and just try to say it’s the right one, is there a way to visually check the clutch to see which it is?

If you are really concerned then suck up the cost of a call from Jamaica and phone them! Alternatively if you have internet then download something like Skype and call using that. Or check if Westway have internet chat.