Complete Body Respray

Tomo

Been a member for a while but have only viewed for information. So out of the darkness hoping for some advive and assistance. The car is desperate for a respray got some rust patches on the front wing and wheel arches in places quite bad. Could anybody recommend a company for a bit of restoration and respray (silver) in the Dover, Folkestone area. Would consider slightly further away for the work. Unsure how much I should be looking at for the work too. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I can not advise on recommendations for body/paintshops in your area as I live at the other end of the country.

However, for a complete body respray, the cost will depend on the quality of job you want.

Do you want to mask up or remove as the price difference will be considerable?

Prices will start at £2000.00 upwards for a respray + your rust issues.

A quality job, minimum of masking and fixing the rust may be circa £4000.00.

AS  I have said, all boils down to what quality of job you want and how much you want to spend.

Talk to a few shops and get a feel of what you are up against.

Its a vinyl material that is literally wrapped over the car. Go to you tube and type in car wrap and you will see examples. Cheaper and quicker than stripping back a car, priming painting etc. Longevity wise some come with 10 year guarantees I think. 

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

But also the paint has to be perfect underneath a wrap as any imperfections in the paint will show through in the wrap. I'm not sure wrapping is actually a viable alternative to corrective paintwork because the cost is the prep and the difference in prep (as I understand it) is negligible. 

3 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

But also the paint has to be perfect underneath a wrap as any imperfections in the paint will show through in the wrap. I'm not sure wrapping is actually a viable alternative to corrective paintwork because the cost is the prep and the difference in prep (as I understand it) is negligible. 

I would expect so, when I was looking last year I was told it would be cheaper buy a new bonnet than do corrective fixing and then paint on my current one.

Having watched you tube on wraps, boy that's a skill. I'm not sure that would be practicable. I need some body work doing as well. I suppose ultimately it's all about cost. I'll shop around locally see if I can get quotes for both.  Body refurb and spray v Body refurb and wrap....good advice from everyone thanks. 

• Like 1

It's definitely a cost thing and whatever you can get done for that. 

At my friends detailing place, another mutual friend bought his Cossie Monte Carlo over - it had been resprayed the original colour (Mallard Green) but the finish was absolutely outstanding ! 

I've never seen such a good paint job (especially under his lights).

But that was a £6k job :scare: