Which is louder? Short tails or car back?

Luke350

Don’t know whether to get the invidia Gemini cat back system (loved it on my 350Z HR) or just go for resonated short tails. Not overly bothered about power. I’ve got a ‘18 nismo. And yes as pretty much everyone says it’s not loud enough. I’m not wanting big noise or any drone. Just to be able to hear that VQ properly when I open the throttle up.

• Like 1

I opted to go for the Tarmac Spotz resonated tails ... same car - 18 plate Nismo. There is some drone but not sufficient to make me regret the choice. I've had a Cobra Cat-back on a GT in the past and there was also drone on that. In terms of noise, both were pretty close and good sound. 

• Like 2

im happy with the res short tails, I had cobra cat back on my 350gt with Invidia hfc's and the drone was terrible, I think the short tails are loud on start up but after that they are quite conservative until you hit 3000 revs, had mine fitted about 2 weeks now and im loving the sound......

• Like 1