Well I bought the nismo!

Luke350

Proud owner of an 18 plate nismo! Fell in love with it as soon as I drove it. It’s just a weekend toy so wanted a real drivers car. Very smooth acceleration and rigid chassis felt amazing. Will miss my modded 350Z GT HR (next to it), but this has definitely put a smile on my face :D

065A81FD-15C9-41C9-83EC-3E9CCC29505A.jpeg

9BA68304-56F0-4D4A-9433-95443F9F4830.jpeg

• Like 7

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 22:17, Luke350 said:

8k. More than I wanted. But I won’t put much miles on it. So will be a good low mileage example in a few years when I want a GTR :lol:

really mines got 7.5k from new same year/reg. Ex demo? how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

I wanted a Nismo but the ones second hand were still a bit high in price so I ended up going new. I think you/I got the best colour Storm White. I do think that Silver would be interesting tho as there's a lot of grey/charcoal accents on the car (handles, wheels, front/rear diffusor, side skirts etc). I don't regret the Storm White esp when freshly cleaned

Edited by hmale4yu

2 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

really mines got 7.5k from new same year/reg. Ex demo? how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

I wanted a Nismo but the ones second hand were still a bit high in price so I ended up going new. I think you/I got the best colour Storm White. I do think that Silver would be interesting tho as there's a lot of grey/charcoal accents on the car (handles, wheels, front/rear diffusor, side skirts etc). I don't regret the Storm White esp when freshly cleaned

Was up for £28k. Managed to get it for £27k and managed to get £7k for my 350! So was very happy :) £20k for a nismo less than 12 months old was quite within my budget :thumbs:

21 hours ago, Luke350 said:

Was up for £28k. Managed to get it for £27k and managed to get £7k for my 350! So was very happy :) £20k for a nismo less than 12 months old was quite within my budget :thumbs:

That's really good actually. Seems like 15 months ago when I signed my contract prices were holding up. Wanted an ex demo 2nd hand with a few thousand miles on the forecourt but they would not negotiate below  £29k despite it having a minor bump/dent on the front wheel arch that I spotted. They were more incentivised to sell new on finance so I went with that with a few service packs thrown in. The JDM get the option of a few extras like clear rear lights and racing stripes which was not offered here in the EU

Its a reliable car on paper ; simple yet tried and tested so I don't think you need to worry. I cringe when I look at the numbers the new M3/M4s, RSs, Rs, put out from a tiny engine together with all the techy gizmos inside which will be expensive when something goes wrong esp since the cars tend to be revved from a cold racing from traffic light to light by owners. Coming from a VW Polo GTI, I don't feel like I miss out not having leather interior, electrically controlled seats, virtual cockpit,adaptive suspension etc with the Nismo It's got just enough for you to get by in the modern world although I find the rear camera very pointless (gets covered in muck in rain, poor to see at night and has an odd perspective" and use my side mirrors . 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Payco said:

Did they remove the delivery blocks from the springs ?.. Common that they are clueless and don’t.

The Nissan salesman was a HPC salesman so only deals in 370Z and GTRs and assured me he checks them all coming in. But I’ll still have to check!

19 hours ago, Mike k-g said:

Hows the look on stock springs? any plans on dropping it?

Looks fine. I was going to drop it after some comments on here. But it’s 15mm lower than normal as standard and doesn’t look like it’s sitting high. I’ll see how a few weeks of ownership goes. I think the ONLY thing I’ll be doing is something to improve the sound. Probably resonated short tails. But I often get the bug and end up doing more. Ask TDI north with my 350 HR :lol: only went in because my clutch went. Came out with about £5k spent on it.

the mileage may be high as was probably an ex demo and the salesman was driving it.

I think 26-27k is about right. 

Take a look at the springs again for those blocks. 

Short tails improve the sound. Things can get loud changing the whole system or adding high flow cats to short tails.. 

There are also resonators on the midpipe. Drone isnt an issue with resonated aams or equivalent between 50 and 80 mph. 

Maybe look at insulating the trunk area. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra