Bonnet damage

Andre D

hi, so i found my car had been vandalised and the bonnet has been hit and badly dented, i took it to a body repair shop and they quoted 790 quid to repair respray bonnet and at same time blend the wings to the bonnet, my car is an 06 roadster paint is wv2, i just found a bonnet from an 04 car with same paint code. My question is how easy is it to switch bonnets and also will the paint likely match? i assume the bonnets will be the same? i can get the bonnet for 80 quid which is better than having a filled bonnet for 790!!!

Hi Andy i think its just 4 bolts if my research is correct, the body shop were talking about paint matching?? i thought that was the point of having a paint code, so its an exact match, it seems alot of the cost is removing stuff like headlights etc. i think i might get a second opinion from one of the suggested bodyshops on here like bodycraft which is near me

14 minutes ago, Andre D said:

Hi Andy i think its just 4 bolts if my research is correct, the body shop were talking about paint matching?? i thought that was the point of having a paint code, so its an exact match, it seems alot of the cost is removing stuff like headlights etc. i think i might get a second opinion from one of the suggested bodyshops on here like bodycraft which is near me

My wife had her boot and a new front bumper painter in wv2. There was no matching paint required, it was a good match to the wings and stuff. However we could have got lucky I guess.