The Fickle Love Of Strangers aka I Love The Attention

SeraTaru

It's great when someone says "great car mate"...and we get into a conversation. 

Some randomer pulled up beside me last week and gave me a big nod and thumbs up...we ended up with the windows down trading praise before the lights changed.

I've started doing it myself to other people.

Forget therapy...get a 370z :) Validation x 100 lol :)

• Like 1

Yea its a plus point ppl also slow down to let you go / give way esp in town when travelling slow speeds

Mk2 Nismo in Storm White is a real head turner. I think they nailed the design from back to front to the side. 

If the roof was a targa top then that would be insane if they managed it somehow like a Corvette. Would have meant not having to release a poor selling roadster - but that's hindsight for you!

A few people have asked me upon seeing the car how does the roof come off

I live in the countryside of Oz and every other vehicle is a Toyota land cruiser or Nissan Patrol (I actually like them) so a 370z kind of sticks out a bit :byebye:

Edited by Bry

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 08:36, Bry said:

I live in the countryside of Oz and every other vehicle is a Toyota land cruiser or Nissan Patrol (I actually like them) so a 370z kind of sticks out a bit :byebye:

I think the 370z sticks out everywhere tbh

In London there is a massive preference to the German brands . The Nismo Mk2 looks like its in the same price point so often gets acknowledged by this crowd if that makes sense (as in you can tell when someone is checking out your car). Had a Lambo driver with his window down oncoming stuck in traffic turning his head as I passed once - that was surprising lol 

I had a guy rubbernecking when I passed him in my Skyline. On the motorway, downhill, stop/start traffic

He was too busy checking out the car that he didn’t realise the traffic was slowing 

-BANG-

Straight into the car in front :doh:

Given the cars I have had over the last few years in terms of head turning I would rate in order as such:

4th place Celica GT-Four: Got the occasional glance but mostly I think people thought it was a chaved up Focus or something

3rd place 350z: "Nice Porsche" mentioned more than once, but often admired by fuel station attendants

2nd place R33: Much more attention, from a chap in Milton Keynes stopping me in a car park and asking for his photo next to it to just about every Fiesta owner wanting to race it

1st place VX220: People point, a lot, often confused. But it is relentless I cannot park in a car park or sit in traffic without someone commenting, especially with the roof off. When I had the red one a chap came up to me when I was polishing it to say how much he liked my Ferrari  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Good looking car aside, if it's filthy it's a shame. Any car mildly interesting if it's super clean looking, gets my attention and praise.

Couldn't disagree more with this - I'd rather see a Ferrari F40 with it's wheels caked in brake dust, front splitter showing signs of losing a fight against a speed hump or three and a chunk taken out of the passenger side sill parked out in a random side street in London (for a completely random example... ahem) than see a "super clean" 370Z that looks like it's polished more than used. It's more of a shame to see cars not used properly.

• Like 4

definitely , both my current rocket bunny 350z and my old green veilside 350z have drawn the most attention from all the previous cars I owned (m3/celica/x5/civic)

at one point when my rocket bunny was lime green it got to the point where I got too much attention,people were starring everywhere I went and while some might think this is cool....it isn't and started to dislike it so I removed the wrap and went for a more subtle look in murdered black :ninja:

• Like 1

can't agree more, I had a person stop me in the Tesco car park and praise the car and could not believe it was 10 years old. So well done the 370z, still gets the thumbs up everywhere it goes, as I myself are lucky if I see a 370z in my travels, a rare beast.:clap::teeth:

29 minutes ago, nissanjuke said:

can't agree more, I had a person stop me in the Tesco car park and praise the car and could not believe it was 10 years old. So well done the 370z, still gets the thumbs up everywhere it goes, as I myself are lucky if I see a 370z in my travels, a rare beast.:teeth:

I'm on my road trip in France 2,260mls so far never saw a 350/370 till today saw a white 370z on the back of a car transporter  still with its wrapping on going round the Bordeaux ring road this morning B)

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 19:12, Andy_Muxlow said:

When I got my car back from the wrappers my brother and I popped to halfrauds for something and it got quite a lot of attention. Having not had it before really I didn't know what to say apart from thanks..:teeth:

Does wrapping protect the underlying paint work? I've a small blemish in the door panel - bubbling, no rust but something funny going on.

If I got the car wrapped would I unwrap it in a couple years to find the problem much worse? Also how durable is the wrapping? Does it survive damage better than normal paintwork?

20 minutes ago, SeraTaru said:

Does wrapping protect the underlying paint work? I've a small blemish in the door panel - bubbling, no rust but something funny going on.

If I got the car wrapped would I unwrap it in a couple years to find the problem much worse? Also how durable is the wrapping? Does it survive damage better than normal paintwork?

Hi buddy, yes the paint is protected by the wrap, but it would have to be in good condition before the wrap as removing it could damage the affected area even more, if you know what I mean? Wraps have come a long way now a days they will degrade just like paint if not looked after. They can last upto 12 years I have been told. Hope this helps? 

I popped to my local Nissan today as I needed a few small items. 

The sales guy loved my car. 

He then followed me out (home time) and him and another randomer couldn't stop looking at my car with big grins! :teeth:

Love it! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/04/2019 at 22:07, hmale4yu said:

I think the 370z sticks out everywhere tbh

In London there is a massive preference to the German brands . The Nismo Mk2 looks like its in the same price point so often gets acknowledged by this crowd if that makes sense (as in you can tell when someone is checking out your car). Had a Lambo driver with his window down oncoming stuck in traffic turning his head as I passed once - that was surprising lol 

Thats what happens when everyone copies each other. You get a shock when something different turns up....Bahhhh

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:29, GranTurismoEra said:

Thats what happens when everyone copies each other. You get a shock when something different turns up....Bahhhh

Agree. Despite the forthcoming line of AMGs looking (and prob performing) v tasty (CLA 35/45, A35/45 etc) I can't help but think that they will become q commonplace. Even the C63s doesn't really have that same "wtf is that" factor as the 370z Nismo. That said driving in town is a ball ache as is parking on tight rights, humps etc lol

On 04/04/2019 at 11:03, LRF4N said:

I had a guy rubbernecking when I passed him in my Skyline. On the motorway, downhill, stop/start traffic

He was too busy checking out the car that he didn’t realise the traffic was slowing 

-BANG-

Straight into the car in front :doh:

I had that when I was on my Ducati once! Bloke too busy staring out of the window at me and he just drove straight into the car in front.

I found when I had my 350z Roadster, the amount of comments, both good & bad were amazing. Complete strangers just saying how nice the car was. I remember once going to get some oil from the local parts place and I came out to find the Manager drooling over my car. On the other hand I did get the odd person shouting out w**ker and comments like that for no reason what so ever.