How fast do you drive?

SeraTaru

Curious...never had my 370 above 80 so far (but of course like a 50 year old child I take off from traffic lights like a lunatic)

I'd posted and asked a question on another thread about snooper devices....and got some replies.

Are some of you like me and just drive normally apart from the odd childish moment, or do others rely on an alert app / device and drive much faster?

Cheers

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OnlyAfro said:

Nice try, plod. I always adhere to the speed limit.

Those closed roads in Mexico though..., well, that's a different matter. 

Plod? Don't get you sorry - I was asking a serious question.

If I was in the police do you think I'd really spend my time on a forum, trying to work out who people are and where? Why would I not spend time doing my job in my car.

Sorry if you took me up wrongly - this is my first "fast car" at 50 and was wondering what others did.

Generally i am only 10 mins away from the train station so day to day my car doesn't even get up to temp ( i know the worst thing to do) but other than that when its warm i drive as fast as the road or traffic allow obviously slow for speed cameras, and 30 roads etc.

I think it was just a joke SeraTaru don't take it to heart.

I done 120 on the way home from buying my zed, speed sensibly and as often as you like, enjoy the car for what it was built to do....... just don't get caught1:lol:

1 minute ago, CAL-85 said:

Generally i am only 10 mins away from the train station so day to day my car doesn't even get up to temp ( i know the worst thing to do) but other than that when its warm i drive as fast as the road or traffic allow obviously slow for speed cameras, and 30 roads etc.

I think it was just a joke SeraTaru don't take it to heart.

I done 120 on the way home from buying my zed, speed sensibly and as often as you like, enjoy the car for what it was built to do....... just don't get caught1:lol:

Actually that's got me thinking - normally the car sits at 90 on the analogue dial but yesterday was up to about 97 - could that be because it was 17c outside? What would be a "worrying" temperature?

2 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

I drive as fast as conditions allow ;) 

Haha nice one - out of interest do you've any sort of off the shelf scanner or do you rely on the phone? Don't know about anywhere else but in N. Ireland the bloody signs for speed cameras seem to pop up every 2 miles. In a way I miss "The Troubles"...at least the police were out trying to catch criminals instead of worrying about the odd fast car...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

I drive as fast as conditions allow ;) 

I think it just about not being stupid, i'm not gona drive by a park or a school at 90 with smoking tyres but a nice country road, my brake discs may be glowing!:lol:

1 minute ago, SeraTaru said:

Haha nice one - out of interest do you've any sort of off the shelf scanner or do you rely on the phone? Don't know about anywhere else but in N. Ireland the bloody signs for speed cameras seem to pop up every 2 miles. In a way I miss "The Troubles"...at least the police were out trying to catch criminals instead of worrying about the odd fast car...

I don't use anything, used to use a Road Angel years ago but generally i know where they are that i may drive by and in more unfamiliar areas i would just be more cautious.  But thats good to know as I'm going to the NW200 in May :thumbs:

1 minute ago, CAL-85 said:

I don't use anything, used to use a Road Angel years ago but generally i know where they are that i may drive by and in more unfamiliar areas i would just be more cautious.  But thats good to know as I'm going to the NW200 in May :thumbs:

Cool! Might go meself :) Now I know that "most" of the camera warning signs in NI are fake...but just be careful. Suggest Facebooking a NI group to see where the real ones are. But you bet your ass the police will be sitting all over the place for those bad boy bikers :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SeraTaru said:

Haha nice one - out of interest do you've any sort of off the shelf scanner or do you rely on the phone?

When I had the Zed I had a bit of equipment but now I don't and I just have a bit of fun on the roads I know well ... biggest risk around these parts is hitting a stupid pheasant or a deer !

19 minutes ago, Ekona said:

I always sit bang on the limit when in areas where a police car or camera could be. On quieter roads I use my own judgement. 

Anyone who gets caught by copper or camera is an idiot. 

Hope you haven't just jinxed yourself :teeth:

I've noticed that most people drive under the speed limit these days.

Especially on a national speed limit, rural road. They'll sit at 30 and no one will overtake and give plenty of space. So there's a 2 mile line of cars doing 29 and one doing 30. In a 70.

That enrages me on a galactic scale. 

Theres a stretch of road between Bacup and Burnley where this always happens. 

A671/A59

From 2:36 to 5:55.... is where people sit at 29mph. Without fail. Every. Damn. Time.

Edited by TT350

2 hours ago, TT350 said:

I've noticed that most people drive under the speed limit these days.

Especially on a national speed limit, rural road. They'll sit at 30 and no one will overtake and give plenty of space. So there's a 2 mile line of cars doing 29 and one doing 30. In a 70.

That enrages me on a galactic scale.

Not many rural roads where the limit is 70 mph ...

• Like 2

I tend to be a very sensible driver.

Mostly respect the limits in urban areas. Might go over by 5-10 mph.
Like you, I tend to have some fun at traffic lights. :D
Motorways, I might speed a bit on and off it's quiet, or just to overtake.

Country roads... Only got my Z back in September 2018, and as a family man, we always take our Golf when out and about, so believe it or not, haven't had the chance to take it out to country roads. :(
And now with another baby coming in July, I'm not sure when I'll have the chance.
I plan to use my 4yo boy as an excuse to go for short road trips this Spring/Summer. When given the chance, he always prefers to go out in the Z instead of the Golf. haha
As he normally puts it whenever he rides with me and my wife needs to take the Golf for some reason... "Mommy, eat my dust!" :lol: