ECUtek remap

EvansJD2112

37 minutes ago, jollyranchers said:

What was the pre map figures ?

Any feedback on driveability now ?

Didn't think to ask about pre-map... Car is just 12months old so would hope it would have been near stock.

Can definitely "feel" the difference driving, gear change is quicker and smoother. (Car is Auto)

Only driven back home so far, will get a chance to compare more during the week going to/from work.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, W8BGS said:

How are you finding it since the map? I’ve got an auto and tempted with getting mine mapped. I have hfc’s, custom exhaust and k&n’s.

Do it! I have an auto with full cobra exhaust and k&n induction kit. Ecutek remap at Horsham made extra 30bhp. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StormtrooperZ said:

Do it! I have an auto with full cobra exhaust and k&n induction kit. Ecutek remap at Horsham made extra 30bhp. 

Cheers, Horsham is the closest to me. Will have to look onto it

• Like 1

Go for it!
It's hard to quantify it but to me it does "feel" better - quicker pickup when overtaking on motorway and I swear the gear change (Auto car) is quicker.

When I'm commuting to/from work mostly using motorway I do get a few extra mpg if I'm not too "enthusiastic" with the right foot.

And best of all, the warning light due to Cat Efficiency doesnt need resetting every few day :-)

• Like 1

For me the pre to post graphs are much more insightful. 344bhp doesn't actually mean very much as you will 99% of the time never be using 344bhp nor does that tell you how fast the car will accelerate etc. Most important is the area under the curve, thats why you need to the pre to post graphs so you can see where your real world gains are made right across the rev range. 

• Like 1

I'm happy with the fact that, for me, my car feels more responsive with snappier gear changes in Auto

Dyno reading 344 vs 334 vs 400 is immaterial

And for the sake of a few hundred quid its got rid of the bloody annoying engine warning light

Edited by EvansJD2112