Auto Renewal Quotes

StormWhite

Totally, and the consumer behaviour they see where people use comparison websites and hunt around for prices has been self-perpetuating, they have created this behaviour themselves by being far too untrustworthy with their renewals. They have created this industry behaviour themselves, only themselves to blame. 

As I’m a young driver and my insurance is high I tried for 3 weeks different times of the day and night, running around 3 quotes a day and the difference is crazy. I was first offered a good quote 1.8k and accepted it. Kept doing the quotes and by the time of the renewal I had got it down another £100 in those 3 weeks just by getting quotes at different times of the day and night. 

Same insurer with different quotes each time and every time I rang them up and they just dropped the price to match it when I found cheaper. On the phone each time was the best price they could give me but then 3 days later I would ring up again with a better price from the same insurer. 

This was 2 years ago on my rx8 and using comparethemarket. 

Its exactly why no customer out there should have loyalty to a particular insurer nor feel guilty if you play one off against another, they have an almost cowboy approach to pricing and will often prey on those less likely to be able to know how to deal with unfair pricing such as the elderly. 

11 hours ago, coldel said:

Its exactly why no customer out there should have loyalty to a particular insurer nor feel guilty if you play one off against another, they have an almost cowboy approach to pricing and will often prey on those less likely to be able to know how to deal with unfair pricing such as the elderly. 

Or indeed with a lot of other companies - Sky TV is a prime example. Forking out £100 a month for TV, but as soon as you threaten to leave they drop that down to £50 for 12 months as well as giving you Sky Q for free, an extra Q box, plus 4k, free internet etc. etc. etc.  Then 12 months later you have to go through the same process & repeat.

Definitely, there are companies that rely on vulnerable people to not know how to challenge (and indeed its not in the nature of Brits to do so!) unfair pricing.

Edited by coldel