Fuel starvation on track

Gordy SB

I Just returned from my first track day in my 2010 370z which I’ve owned for a month. I never had what I think is fuel starvation on what is essentially an OEM car. I’m not thrashing it or red lining as it’s mainly my road car. I found the Engine revs die on long right hand fast bends ie when accelerating, and when fuel gauge is showing just over half full. It’s never done this on the road (but never pushed it properly on the road either) and I’ve run the petrol down to 20 miles remaining.

Any suggestions?

BTW this cis my 5th car I’ve used on track, and we voted it the best to date....(s3, c63, GTI Ed 30, 911). Big smiles.

5E143EEC-E63E-453E-9996-696D2E01BB03.jpeg

I would first run the tank on full to check that the issue is definitely only there from half tank.

If it is from half tank, I  would then check that the OEM siphon pipe is working okay.

Thereafter there are a few mods available for this issue.

This one works well:  https://www.z1motorsports.com/fuel-system/z1-motorsports/z1-motorsports-fuel-anti-starvation-kit-p-9558.html?osCsid=3pllqkhs9c3p7a1obdf46n2vr0

I've just fitted a second pump in the other side  and have the second pump on a switch so it's not running all the time I can run down to empty now 

Protec are developing a more comprehensive in tank set up soon on my car  but all in all this cost me about 100 quid and works a treat PM me if you want some more details or if you are near me I'm happy to show you my set up 

It will be your issue if its happening on right handers no doubt 

Your other option is to run an external swirl pot or a fst like this which I did for a bit but have removed now 

20190119_202213.jpg

Edited by nissanman312

Many thanks both, additional pump certainly seems sensible way forward.

In normal road use I have a significant vacuum that builds up, seen when I release the petrol cap for refuelling. I tested this as potential problem when on the track but it was unrelated. It’s not causing a problem, so far, but ordered if this is normal on the 370?