How to get Passenger window to auto UP ****FREE MOD****

s200bym

Some may already know this.

I have had the car a little over a week now and I am starting to do the personal touches. I pulled the window switches out to look for part numbers to compare them with JDM switches and found that the passenger switch has moulded plastic tabs to stop the switch from going to the second (Auto) stage.

So I took a knife to the switches and low and behold I now have auto up on the passenger side :) :) :)

Happy days.

See the below photos. The passenger door switch has 2 larger tabs and the driver's door passenger switch has 5 small tabs.

Happy modding peeps.

Mike.

IMG_5249.JPG

IMG_5250.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 23/03/2019 at 14:45, StormWhite said:

Great mod. :clap:

I immediately pulled my switches and now I have auto up on the passenger window.

Does make me wonder why Nissan deliberately disabled the function.

Thanks for posting.

3 minutes ago, StormWhite said:

Must be an EU thing as it seems American/Canadian owners have two position switches for the passenger side fitted as standard.

Imports have the auto function so swapping the switches also gives auto up/down and they are a 1 for 1 swap.

I think they disabled it on UK cars due to the additional  safety requirements of auto windows - must stop if they trap etc.

• Like 1

I just cut all the tabs off, and the passenger switch now has a double click like the driver switch, but even with the double click it still wont auto up. Is there a window module i need to reset or anything? Thanks!

I have a 59 plate, dont know if that makes any difference...??

Edited by davidv10

On 04/04/2019 at 18:29, davidv10 said:

I just cut all the tabs off, and the passenger switch now has a double click like the driver switch, but even with the double click it still wont auto up. Is there a window module i need to reset or anything? Thanks!

I have a 59 plate, dont know if that makes any difference...??

Anyone any ideas?

I want to give this a go, but I don;t want to cause any damage whilst I'm trying.

Would someone be able to explain how they got their switch off? Are you literally just holding it with your finger & thumb and pulling it off?

Once it is off, do you just take a stanley knife to it to get rid of the part that is preventing it being double pressed?

And to put it back on, does it click back in or something?

Tbh...a video would be great if one exists!

@parello9 @ArsenalMohYou just need to get a plastic tool under the window switch shroud and it pops right off no real force needed. I will get a video for you tomorrow.

@davidv10 You need to reset the window controller. I think it’s, turn on the ignition bring the window down then bring the window up and hold the switch for 3-5 seconds. You will hear clicking while holding the switch. It is in the manual so might be worth having a read.

Mike.

Edited by s200bym
  • Like 1

On 13/04/2019 at 20:11, s200bym said:

@davidv10 You need to reset the window controller. I think it’s, turn on the ignition bring the window down then bring the window up and hold the switch for 3-5 seconds. You will hear clicking while holding the switch. It is in the manual so might be worth having a read.

Mike.

Thanks for the advice, but i have done this a few times now, and its still not working... Any other ideas?

Has anyone done this on a 09/59 plate? That is the only thing i can think of as I know they have differences to the newer plates.

Edited by davidv10

8 hours ago, davidv10 said:

Thanks for the advice, but i have done this a few times now, and its still not working... Any other ideas?

Has anyone done this on a 09/59 plate? That is the only thing i can think of as I know they have differences to the newer plates.

I am having the same problem lol both switches do a double click but doesn't seem to work. How odd. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...