TRAX SHOW @SILVERSTONE SUN 6TH OCT 2019

andy james

• 2 weeks later...

Thought about attending this last year but i think it clashed with RallyGB, anyway, for anyone travelling a distance what sort of time do you need to be on the stand?

Silverstone is probably 4 if not 5 hours for me so although I wouldn't mind an early start I'm just wondering if down and back is feasible in a day, without a stop over the night before.

Is anyone thinking of doing track time? And if so how does that work? Presumably you disappear from the parking area at your allotted time and then slot back in afterwards?

9 hours ago, Woodzman said:

Thought about attending this last year but i think it clashed with RallyGB, anyway, for anyone travelling a distance what sort of time do you need to be on the stand?

Silverstone is probably 4 if not 5 hours for me so although I wouldn't mind an early start I'm just wondering if down and back is feasible in a day, without a stop over the night before.

Is anyone thinking of doing track time? And if so how does that work? Presumably you disappear from the parking area at your allotted time and then slot back in afterwards?

Need to be at the venue before 8.am to avoid massive queues. Track time is in 20 min sessions and yes you go and do your slot then return to th Club stand. You will need your driving license and a helmet.

Sounds like a very tiring drive home for you mate!

Well, I guess I should have booked earlier! just tried booking a club ticket through the Trax site but it is showing Club Display Vehicle Passes as sold out. Track time also sold out bar one session for advanced drivers. 

Whilst I'm sure it's a great show, I don't think it would be the same unless you're in a group with other similar cars. If it was a couple of hours up the road it might be different but on this occasion, given the distance for me, I'm going to have to give it a miss. So thanks for the advice andy james and good luck guys, enjoy the show, I hope the weather holds up for you. See you next year? 

1. Andy James +1-paid

2. Jay84-paid

3. Liam Mann-paid

4. Nso93-paid

5. Humpy-paid

6. Andy_Muxlow-paid

7. Silk +1 paid

8. Dra1975 paid

9. Sisson Paid

10. OmegaCloud +1 paid

South/London convoy anyone? 

• Thanks 1

The track time is showing sold out when purchasing a Club Stand ticket. 

But when you purchase a normal ticket there are loads of sessions available. Anyone know why this is?

Update: You can buy a club stand ticket then purchase the track time through the public booking page.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Wrenny
Adding information

Sorry for lack of activity as been driving through Europe the past couple of weeks!

We have a small but quality club stand on this very popular and diverse car show.

Looking forward to catching up with you guys and also taking on board what's going on outside the Japanese car scene at our national motorsport venue.

• Like 1

If anyone is traveling up the night before I will be staying at The Best Western Buckingham. Stayed here many times before as great food parking and brings you into the back of Silverstone via county lanes to avoid the masses in 10 mins.

Currently a double room is £90 on Booking.com.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, andy james said:

If anyone is traveling up the night before I will be staying at The Best Western Buckingham. Stayed here many times before as great food parking and brings you into the back of Silverstone via county lanes to avoid the masses in 10 mins.

Currently a double room is £90 on Booking.com.

Staying at premier inn in brackley mate