Speedo not workin/ speed sensor ?

scotzman

Hi all..I have a 2005 JDM 350Z, My speedo has been intermitent for a while and now stopped working..Opinions suggested to replace Wheel speed sensor..Can anyone tell me if im correct that there is wheel speed sensors on front and back or which or all to replace...Any info would be much appreciated..

Thanks

On my 2005 USA 350Z, with ABS and traction control, there are 4 wheel speed sensors.  The front wheel sensors are located at the wheel hubs, while the rear wheel sensors are located in the differential housing.  The ABS control unit takes these inputs and provides vehicle speed to the Unified Meter and A/C Amp, the box behind the air conditioning controls, over the CAN bus.  The Unified Meter and A/C Amp changes this to an 8-pulse signal and sends it over a dedicated wire to the instrument cluster.  A faulty wheel speed sensor would certainly give you and ABS light.  If you don't have that light, the fault is probably somewhere else.

Possibly a faulty speed converter as it's an import.

Mine was a small black box zip tied above the pedals.

The module behind the aircon also controls the speed output, worth checking the cables haven't come loose.

• Like 1

What he said ^^^^^

I had a faulty one but it was hidden behind the cluster - its the kph to mph convertor so just a small black box or circuit board, That's where I'd start looking.

Then the white box again as Beb said behind the air con controls.

"Possibly a faulty speed converter as it's an import " yes that could be correct, i'll start looking for the the box when weather gets a little warmer..Should i renew the box if wiring is ok...

Thanks