Southeast & London Japfest Convoy (2019) - South Mimms

cs2000

Hi all, 

For the this year running, im trying to organise whats usually a small-ish convoy of vehicles from London and the south east generally to travel to Japfest together, this really helped me during my first show as i was nervous about where to go and the exact steps to get in. Both years so far we have had around 8 vehicles from the Kent and Essex area meet at South Mimms services and we travelled up to Japfest together.

As a first timer last year this was amazingly helpful so I wanted to take the lead and organise it again.

So, the meeting place is the South Mimms Services on the M25/A1(m) Junction.

Bignells Corner, Potters Bar, Herts, EN6 3QQ

The meeting place is the car park of the BP petrol station on site (NOT the main South Mimms parking area) as it means any lowered vehicles don’t have to contend with the main car parks speed bumps, so let’s meet there again.

Feel free to arrive at any time you want as long as its before 6:40am. Any vehicles meeting at this location will be leaving at 6:40 am due to the early entry requirement for Club Stand cars into Japfest. (we need to be in before 8AM) If you’re late then you’ll have to catch up.

Any questions please ask , but il start the list! (Added my registration so you guys can find me as there’s usually a lot of cars meet at south mims)

1. Cs2000 (OO04 MYZ)

1. Cs2000 (OO04 MYZ

2. Paul K (K50 PTK)

3 Alec K (K95APK). FN2 Civic type R ( he’s my son. Driving to his first Japfest)

4.nismoandy (WP06FNX) +catering manger. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/03/2019 at 21:11, Nismoandy said:

1. Cs2000 (OO04 MYZ

2. Paul K (K50 PTK)

3 Alec K (K95APK). FN2 Civic type R ( he’s my son. Driving to his first Japfest)

5 jenso ( J15NSO ) 350Z GT

1. Cs2000 (OO04 MYZ

2. Paul K (K50 PTK)

6. MatthewThain (FA53 FZZ) ginger 350Z 

• Like 1

1. Cs2000 (OO04 MYZ

2. Paul K (K50 PTK)

6. MatthewThain (FA53 FZZ) ginger 350Z

7. Seb (PRO2 SEB ) silver RAF 350z

• Like 1

Good little turnout, thanks guys.

just as a reminder with 1 week to go (!)

On 22/03/2019 at 10:36, cs2000 said:

The meeting place is the car park of the BP petrol station on site (NOT the main South Mimms parking area)

Remember we will be leaving at 6:40 to allow for time to get Into the circuit before the cutoff period for club cars.

looking forward to seeing you all next weekend!

1. Cs2000 (OO04 MYZ

2. Paul K (K50 PTK)

5 jenso ( J15NSO ) 350Z GT

8. Dom + Jodie (HD05OWX) Black 350z

• Like 1

Biggest turn out for this little convoy yet! Weathers looking good too for us thankfully!

Me and my copilot should be on site by something like 6:15-20 and we will be rolling out by 6:40 :) 

The guys at the BP station have never given us any trouble for meeting in there as nobody else meets there, at lest they haven't in the last 3 years we have met there, we don't clog up their site as we usually meet on the left hand side as you drive in, the parking bays there are usually empty at that time of the morning. Worth checking on this forum post if you struggle to find us, il be checking in, trying to find anyone that gets lost, or if we have to change locations on site.

Just as a reminder for anyone that hasn't been on this route/to Japfest before. For large sections of the M25 and M1, there are speed cameras on the side, or above the motorway gantry's, so, i mean, drive how you want, but just be aware they're there. Whoever ends up leading (i did for large chunks of last year) needs to remember that too (my sat-nav tells me the locations so if i happen to doing 71mph, its "safe" to do so).

Also, once we turn off of the M1, you'll know, it looks like you're turning into a services, just cool it WAY down. There will be a police speed gun in almost every single lay-by in the last few miles to Japfest, there has been every single year ;) 

Sorry if i sound like your mum :lol: i just dont want anyone's day to be ruined by points and a fine!

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pagan said:

I thought you had to be in by  9 not 8 !

you do, but the traffic builds steadily with just the public admission, you don't want to get caught in a jam and not make it onto the stand

• Like 1

1. Cs2000 (OO04 MYZ

2. Paul K (K50 PTK)

9. Kelvin (LR56DDO) black 350Z

• Like 1

1. Cs2000 (OO04 MYZ

2. Paul K (K50 PTK)

10. Hypnosis (KA04 UBC) & Mrs Hypnosis :teeth: Orange 350Z

• Like 1

1. Cs2000 (OO04 MYZ

2. Paul K (K50 PTK)

8. Dom + Jodie (HD05OWX) Black 350z

10. Hypnosis (KA04 UBC) & Mrs Hypnosis :teeth: Orange 350Z

11.Luke (NL06PWN) resale silver 350z 

Was thinking about making this, but like someone else said, if not I'm sure I'll manage to spot you guys :)