And the next car is...VXT

coldel

...like one I have had before, but a little bit different :thumbs:

Remapped to 225bhp, it absolutely flies along, shame I picked it up this afternoon just as the heavens opened up and decided to unload a tonne of hail! I was all set to go topless!

Car is mechanically in great condition, Tullet exhaust, 111r refurbed suspension, Compomotive wheels and brand new kuhmo tyres. Interior is scratch free but its something I really want to work on for this car, get it looking a bit unique and a tad more comfortable. The car drives really well, the 111r suspension is a bit more forgiving than the NA suspension I had previously. Clearly need to spend a good few hours washing, claying, polishing and waxing but will enjoy that (surface area on these cars is about half the Celica!). Also has an uber rare blue soft top. 

Anyway, hope to bring it along to a few meets, if you let me in!

A photo of it having just done the M25 in a storm...

Snapseed_(6).jpg.8a14d6aae305f41f1d79e07512c1f39a.jpg

• Like 2

Remap was done by Rabbid Remaps, not heard of them myself but they are very popular amongst the Vauxhall VXR lot (Z20LET engine) and have to say it is so smooth in power delivery. The Chris Tullet exhaust isnt too overbearing either. 

• Like 1

Thanks Andy, exterior wise it is already a smashing looking car, wouldnt believe it is essentially a 15 year old design. The camera doesnt really do it just for some reason. But anyway really looking at some ideas for working on the interior, want to carpet it, rework the seats etc. Also small stuff like change all the bolts in the engine bay and other fun easy stuff like that. 

• Like 1

On 17/03/2019 at 20:00, coldel said:

Remap was done by Rabbid Remaps, not heard of them myself but they are very popular amongst the Vauxhall VXR lot (Z20LET engine) and have to say it is so smooth in power delivery. The Chris Tullet exhaust isnt too overbearing either. st 

I had a remap done by Rabbid (Richard) on my Stage 2 Corsa VXR with upgraded injectors. Very well respected amongst the VXR community and a top guy, he did real time data capture after remapping whilst in the passenger seat to ensure map is correct.

I also previously owned a VXR8 so have been a fan of Vauxhall.

After 3.5 years ownership of the Rabbid remapped 2013 Corsa I did trade it in for the 370Z.:thumbs:

Last time I met him at a Hampshire meet he was driving a Nissan GTR no doubt funded by his remaps success. :lol:

He and WG Motorworks are the go to for remaps and engine work in the VXR community.

Edited by StormWhite
  • Like 1

Gave the new car the coldel clean treatment today, prep, wash, clay, polish (by hand so not so effective) and wax. Wheels decontaminated, waxed, tyres cleaned. So all the exterior nicely done. Engine bay needs work, interior definitely needs work, but that will be some fun for Friday. When polished it really does come up a nice blue, takes a bit of elbow grease but really liking the colour - I was adamant I wouldn't get silver to the frustration of many on the owner forum who were trying to help me get a car!

533211764_Snapseed(9).jpg.f28416e7e65be1215938fef5e0a9da61.jpg765813477_FullSizeRender(1).jpg.6cd53a795a9cbfb28e4a19361c817e00.jpg2010377621_FullSizeRender(2).jpg.019e1c6f7a358e2d0f8518fccd640b5f.jpg1862485328_Snapseed(10).jpg.dfea65b78565c4114217a0ad0928039f.jpg

Doing a decent exterior detail means you find all the blemishes you missed first time. Found a few around the rear boot area as you might expect for this type of car, nothing that the DA wont shift though. Main paint issues are around the bottom of the 'ear's that feed the cold air into the engine bay, they are battered with stone chips, inevitable though I would think so not too concerned about that.

Throwing a decent amount of water at the roof I managed to make some of it go through into the car, the seals are pretty good I think 99% of the time they will be fine for resisting water getting in, it worked fine in the hail storm that hit me when I collected the car! The roof itself looks like has been sealed by the previous owner, the water beaded and ran of it really well, and having another good look at it, looks in great condition (these are not cheap to replace circa £500-£1000).

Next jobs in no particular order:

• New wiper blade (only need one!) 
  • Start planning the interior make over
  • New head unit, rear speakers and tweeters (has very rare optional tweeters in the front)
  • Find a way to get the damn coin that is stuck under the drivers seat and rattles about out!
  • Thanks 1

Yes I think different colour on the wheels, the wheels are immaculate though so are down the list of things to sort. In reality they do look better than the photos as the iPhone camera obviously doesnt capture the light as well as the human eye. Inside its 'biscuit' which is the beige :mellow: colour scheme which some VX owners love, personally I hate hence the requirement to change it asap!

Edited by coldel

2 hours ago, coldel said:

Find a way to get the damn coin that is stuck under the drivers seat and rattles about out!

https://direct.fredmeyer.com/00038728260031.html?&cid=ps_adw_fmdPRODUCT_GROUP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6aDd5t-O4QIVFRx9Ch3CBA4OEAQYBSABEgLrKPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Nice Car Col B)

• Like 1

I love that Col, it's my colour, and I'd probably be happy with the biscuit.  I've just sold a blue car and it's been replaced by a red one, so the reverse of what you've done, not going to put mine up yet though as it's your week this week :lol: :shutup:

Enjoy

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

I love that Col, it's my colour, and I'd probably be happy with the biscuit.  I've just sold a blue car and it's been replaced by a red one, so the reverse of what you've done, not going to put mine up yet though as it's your week this week :lol: :shutup:

Come on . . don't keep us in suspense! :stir:

Yes might change the badge to the modern vauxhall one, I actually like people seeing it and going 'urrr vauxhall, cant be that fast then' :lol:

First mods arrived in the post this morning...

ICE.jpg.e5ad92e9d6b3b82d9da0fc523d6e840a.jpg

Speakers are an absolute pain in the backside, as the passenger seat doesn't move you have to literally fit them in a gap around 5 inches in depth. Should be fun, accompanied with copious swear words!

Took the car out for a spin today, bloody hell it is blisteringly fast. So glad its got bigger wheels/tyres on it, no idea how people controlled it with the skinny OEM ones!

Passenger seat is notorious for having the bolt from hell which is under the seat :lol:

I will definitely be removing the driver seat as it has a coin under there (sorry Doogy that tool would be no use getting under the seat!) that MUST be removed!

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to swap, but also tempted to go for a reupholster to something unique that I design. The leather itself is in very good condition though, so would probably prefer for now to swap. 

Interior.jpg.3bcaa2e0bcd93aee7833f5a442031d74.jpg

I have also just purchased an interior carpet set which will cover a lot of the exposed metal in the footwell and sides. 

Edited by coldel