370Z dashboard lights?

sgtarg

I have an ABS light, Anti Skid light and a Traction OFF light all on the dashboard at once. I was just driving into town for fuel and they came on randomly. Turned the car off and back on again and they disappear. Drive another random length of time 2 mins - 50 mins and boom they reappear. Any advice? Tried to Google it but everything says "check brake fluid" ..... Is it ABS sensor? Mileage is 59,000....

IMG_20190316_140820.jpg

• 3 months later...
59 minutes ago, JakeH said:

Any update on what this issue was? as I have now got the same issue with my car

Suggest you pm sgtarg as he may not be following his thread.

For what it is worth, making sure your brake fluid level is good advice - it was/is a regular issue with the 350's and maybe the 370s are just as sensitive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JakeH said:

Any update on what this issue was? as I have now got the same issue with my car

Hi! Yes turns out the ABS sensor wire was being stretched. No idea how, the strut clip was a little bent out of shape. Car is lowered no idea how it happened then but that was easy 6000 miles ago... Either way I removed the wire from the strut clip altogether and it solved the issue as I restarted the car. 

I used a friends snap-on code reader to locate the offending side and corner. I did panic it was going to be a £630 sensor from Nissan but lucky in the end it has been fine for the last 1000 miles. 

Hope yours is an easy fix.

Edited by sgtarg
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, sgtarg said:

Hi! Yes turns out the ABS sensor wire was being stretched. No idea how, the strut clip was a little bent out of shape. Car is lowered no idea how it happened then but that was easy 6000 miles ago... Either way I removed the wire from the strut clip altogether and it solved the issue as I restarted the car. 

I used a friends snap-on code reader to locate the offending side and corner. I did panic it was going to be a £630 sensor from Nissan but lucky in the end it has been fine for the last 1000 miles. 

Hope yours is an easy fix.

Okay thanks for the help mate! 

Ill check the brake fluid and failing that I’ll have a look at the ABS sensor wire, appreciate your help