Yokohama advan neova ad08r wow are they good!

Bry

Just been out in the mountains to see what difference a decent set of tyres make and I can confirm , it's alot. These tyres have way more grip than I have talent and it has made the car so much more fun to drive . Worth noting I went with 255/35/19 up front but kept the stock size rears.

20190316_124412.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve been banging on about how good they are for about 10years!! Great choice. 

Not as compromised in the wet as some either which is a bonus. 

Control tyre in World Time Attack club class has helped make the “r” an improvement over the AD08 before it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been using these for the last 3 years, I nearly went with mpss like everyone else but so glad I didnt, they handle teamwork well and arnt to bad In the rain. A little expensive but worth it

• Like 1

As Ekona said, the feel they give makes such a difference to how much confidence it gives you when cornering. Playing with pressures at the moment, with ambient temps at 24c ,I set the front and rears to 30 psi cold which when hot had risen to 34 front and 32 rear. Could do with some advice regarding pressures.

Edited by Bry
Spelling

1 hour ago, Bry said:

As Ekona said, the feel they give makes such a difference to how much confidence it gives you when cornering. Playing with pressures at the moment, with ambient temps at 24c ,I set the front and rears to 30 psi cold which when hot had risen to 34 front and 32 rear. Could do with some advice regarding pressures.

On track I set mine to 31psi when hot front and rear

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StormWhite said:

I have 18" wheels and the current Yokohama front tyre size is 225 50 R18 95W. Yokohama do not seem to do this size in Advan Neova AD08r

Is there an acceptable size I could use without problems?

Isnt stock size 225 45 18?

that size is available 

9 minutes ago, 350Butcher said:

Isnt stock size 225 45 18?

that size is available

I checked the sizes earlier whilst it was still daylight.

They are the original tyres.

REAR      245 45 R18 96W

FRONT   225 50 R18 95W

Would  225 45 18 make any difference?

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Factory size is 225 45 R18, plus Yokohama's weren't fitted from factory

Why would a main Nissan dealer fit Yokohamas all round to a new 370Z 2017 base model instead of the factory supplied tyres?

My limited understanding of tyres makes me believe that profile is affected by width therefore in this instance as the front tyre is less wide than the rear it would seem correct that the profile is slightly more (45 rear/50 front).

EDIT:

I have just copied this from the Nissan UK website for the 2019 370Z Base model:

EXTERIOR

• 18” Alloy wheels

225/50 R18 front tyres

• 245/45 R18 rear tyres

• Dual exhaust pipes with stainless steel finishers

• Flashing Z emblem integrated into side indictator

• Glass moulded antenna

• Body coloured rear spoiler

So if anyone did pinch my OEM tyres when I wasn't looking at least they fitted the correct size replacements.

Edited by StormWhite
Extra info

Ahhh sorry I’ve just realised I’ve strolled into the 370z section from my usual 350z! 225 45 18 is the 350z sizes. 

If you went from 50 to 45 profile which refers to the side wall of the tyre then that would not be right and would change the rolling radius of the tyres. 

Just now, 350Butcher said:

Ahhh sorry I’ve just realised I’ve strolled into the 370z section from my usual 350z! 225 45 18 is the 350z sizes. 

If you went from 50 to 45 profile which refers to the side wall of the tyre then that would not be right and would change the rolling radius of the tyres. 

Cheers thats what I thought :thumbs:

3 hours ago, StormWhite said:

Why would a main Nissan dealer fit Yokohamas all round to a new 370Z 2017 base model instead of the factory supplied tyres?

oops sorry, I just did a zmanalex. Went into auto pilot Z33 mode.