Car to low after fitting springs

Eddie f

Car is far to low at front after fitting lowering springs..bumper catching on uneven roads and I dare not go near speed bumps .and am sure when I hit pot holes it hits the bump stops .. I like the back , but the front is very low .. scared to drive the car fast .. so my question is, will Coilovers lift it up a bit or should I fit the original springs.thanks 

My first question would be how low did you choose to go? AFAIK lowering springs are offered in different sizes resulting in differing amounts of "Lowering". I learnt my lesson in my previous car, had to traverse speed humps in a certain way but despite that on occasions joining roads with aggressive camber would catch me out ie. leaving a nearby petrol station springs to mind.

Decent coilovers seems to me an expensive fix, could you get less aggresssive lowering springs?

Edited by StormWhite

It said 25mm front and back .. Vogtland springs .. but the ride is rock hard ..just wanted to close the wheel and arch gap a little so it looked better.. with 20 mm spacers .. but the front wheel is right under the arch .

@Eddie f Here's my car with Tein Springs:

DSC_1530.JPG.a399adfa591bd10cf4d88669aa335fc9.JPG

DSC_1532.JPG.2c1afc4bd2f7ef9536fbb7b13db1f81b.JPG

Personally I'd never buy lowering springs again though. I've always had coilovers before and this was my first time trying lowering springs. I think these were on the car all of 2 weeks max!

If you're going to go to all the hassle of buying and fitting the springs then imo you should always go for a decent set of coilovers, irrespective of how hard you drive the car. However, I'm sure plenty of people would say otherwise, that's just my 2¢.

That still looks to low for driving about were I stay.. only wanted to take away a bit of the wheel gap .. now my car if far to low and can’t drive it fast Incase I hit a pot hole or uneven surface, it’s my weekend car so I’ll just take it easy till I change it back.

I fitted the RSR spring Adrian listed on my wife's 370z roadster. The drop is perfect even with the lip kit.

The ride is great as well. Just a bit stiffer and more in control.

I have kw3s and arbs on my coupe and until you really push on they don't feel that different.

You will need adjustable camber arms on the rear and make sure you get a full geo after fitting.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post, but I wouldn't be recommending the eibach 20mm lowering springs at all. Ones fitted in my 370z,10 months ago, and less than 1k on them, and once I had the 20" gtrs off, and back on the oem wheels, I've less than 40mm clearance below the front bumper. Rear looks grand, but I had to remove the 2 little vertical rubber strips that bolt onto the bottom of the front bumper, just in front of the front wheels, as prob less than 5mm clearance. No rust on the springs, yet it looks like the fronts have collapsed about 15mm too much! Will be new coilovers for me asap, and just do the job properly.