Which 350z should I get?

Kaikora

• 2 weeks later...

So I’m leaning towards an azure blue either HR (not sure they do in blue) or an 06/07 year with mileage from as low as possible to max 75k

one question, I have a few things I will want to do once I find the right car, oil change etc but I would like to have a remap done and wondered where people go for it? I have heard somewhere someone went and got 5 different settings they could choose from, standard, exhaust pops, valet mode and I can’t remember the other two. Does anyone have this one? If they don’t what do you have and what settings do you have and why did you choose? 

1 hour ago, SHEZZA said:

Azure blue isn’t available in HR. only DE and De rev up. 

As for an up-Rev remap you either want to go to TDI North, Abbey Motorsport or Horsham Developments. 

You can also only hold one map on the DE ECU, so worth noting if you really want multiple maps.

26 minutes ago, Flashback said:

You can also only hold one map on the DE ECU, so worth noting if you really want multiple maps.

The standard DE can't run multiple maps but the Rev-up and HR can as long as you have the cruise control buttons. 

You might also want to look at your breathing mods before a map, its an NA engine so the map without mods will give nominal returns, unless you want the map just to make noises then of course carry on. Have a read here https://h-dev.co.uk/350z-tuning-guide/?v=79cba1185463 - of course the bhp gain is just for pub chatter as its peak BHP you dont have that across the whole rev range (the average is probably less than half that), but you should see a better curve for drivability.

A HR may be worth remapping regardless of performance, it tends to have issues from the factory when doing very gentle speed changes at low revs (think stop start traffic). The DE will benefit from some air mods before a remap, the HR less so as the stock intakes are very competitive by that point in the engines evolution.

Be aware that a pops and bangs map will shorten the life of the catalytic converter.

Good luck with the car hunt :)