Which 350z should I get?

Kaikora

1 hour ago, Umster said:

I did not know this. This really is annoying. Means another 5 quid a month for the 370Z?! 

I’m not sure it is quite as much of an increase as that actually. Is there anything from the government directly for us to quote from rather than a paper?

1 hour ago, reeceybeaney said:

I think @GranTurismoEra is airing towards the idea that the government aren't putting money in the right places and possibly road/car tax is going else where... Probably right :lol:

The topic of benefits can be quite sour, a lot deserved, but also a lot abused... 

haha I was careful not to call it road tax and should have mentioned VED incase any cyclists show up :lol:

Well it hasnt stopped homelessness and people on living on the streets though

my mate has been pulled for swerving potholes. They thought he was drunk

And I see Nissan are doing slight discounts on the 370z plus some of the post April 2017 models are £140 road tax. 

I wonder if DE tax will be up to £325 per year or something

Edited by GranTurismoEra

2 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

I think new 370z as of last april are 1800 first year after that 140 so all of you that own one before that date will always pay through the knose . Not good in another year for the old 370z if your thinking of selling

But what happens when the first owner sells the 370Z? Surely the DVLA will slap the usual rates back on? Low road tax must be used to sell newer "greener" cars post emissions scandal right? 

HRs and any DE Rev-Up registered after 22 March 2006 (so most of them) will see their road tax rise by £15.  DEs, or anything registered before 23 March 2006, will go up by £10.  See the table about a third of the way down here: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/88361/tax-disc-changes-everything-you-need-to-know-about-uk-road-tax .

So DEs and very early Rev-Ups will be £325, and most Rev-Ups and HRs will be £570.  That's quite good as I was expecting my HR's road tax to go up by £20 this year rather than £15, so happy days.

As has been rightly pointed out above, the difference is a few tanks of fuel.  And, in addition, you'll pay far more than one year's difference to make up the performance difference.

Having owned both: the DE (Rev-Up) engine is more characterful; the HR engine is the stronger and the stronger performer.

Edited by Kneaded_His_Chin

11 hours ago, Kneaded_His_Chin said:

HRs and any DE Rev-Up registered after 22 March 2006 (so most of them) will see their road tax rise by £15.  DEs, or anything registered before 23 March 2006, will go up by £10.  See the table about a third of the way down here: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/88361/tax-disc-changes-everything-you-need-to-know-about-uk-road-tax .

So DEs and very early Rev-Ups will be £325, and most Rev-Ups and HRs will be £570.  That's quite good as I was expecting my HR's road tax to go up by £20 this year rather than £15, so happy days.

As has been rightly pointed out above, the difference is a few tanks of fuel.  And, in addition, you'll pay far more than one year's difference to make up the performance difference.

Having owned both: the DE (Rev-Up) engine is more characterful; the HR engine is the stronger and the stronger performer.

This makes much more sense. I didn’t think they were going to increase as much as was said before 

Wouldn't get too hung up on road tax,supposing it was a tenner a week it's a lot cheaper than smoking or boozing.I used to have a low miles 296 and it did consume a little oil but not a worry.When buying I think it's as important to check out what the owners like and that will tell you a lot about how the cars been maintained,good luck.

59 minutes ago, Kryptek49 said:

Not quite fortunately! Apparently the £65 increase is only for new cars, so "only" £570

1 hour ago, Kryptek49 said:

Not quite fortunately! Apparently the £65 increase is only for new cars, so "only" £570

That's on par with a double decker bus, where do they get there figures from :dry:

Back on topic.

"Which 350z should I get?"

THIS ONE 

Black.....✓

Rev up....✓

Full service history from new...✓

Only 2 owners.....✓

Ok, mileage is 70k but this is about as honest example as I've seen in ages with factory Nismo kit to boot.

As always, you'd need to check it out before purchasing but everything looks legit.

First owner trades it in to original Nissan dealer for a 370z.

Next owner had it 9yrs.

The only better scenario would be a 1 owner from new!

Edited by HEADPHONES

4 minutes ago, HEADPHONES said:

Back on topic.

"Which 350z should I get?"

THIS ONE 

Black.....✓

Rev up....✓

Full service history from new...✓

Only 2 owners.....✓

Ok, mileage is 70k but this is about as honest example as I've seen in ages with factory Nismo kit to boot.

As always, you'd need to check it out before purchasing but everything looks legit.

First owner trades it in to original Nissan dealer for a 370z.

Next owner had it 9yrs.

The only better scenario would be a 1 owner from new!

Looks mint! Sounds like a spot on example that's been looked after and with that perfect Nismo kit is a huge bonus:clap:

Such a shame it hasn't got leather or cruise control though!:shrug:

Does it?

If so, how does that square with the fact that the torque curves got fatter for the Rev-Up and HR engines. The peaks were 8 and 4 lb ft lower respectively - if you can notice that from the driver's seat - but the rise begins earlier.

And the HR's top end is much more spectacular.