Exhaust and HFC's

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

Been thinking about getting a new exhaust and some HFC's. Any recommendations would be great.

Got a couple of questions relating to this though.

Would it also be wise to upgrade the air intakes as well? I'm guessing with the addition of High Flow Cats you need filters that will draw more air in or would the factory fitted ones be fine?

Also, would I need to get my zed remapped afterwards?

Thanks.

Any change to exhaust, cats or air flow should be re-mapped to give optimum performance.  HFC’s occasionally, not always, play havoc (probably the wrong word) with the MAF sensors that can throw up a CEL, even when re-mapped.

Not sure whether there are aftermarket MAF sensors that can cope with the occasional CEL.  I used to get the guys at Infiniti to reset CEL when it occurred running Akrapovic and Berks HFC’s, even tho I had an ‘up-rev’ soon after fitting.

just to add I had aftermarket air filter as well 

Edited by The G Man

• 1 month later...

I'm selling the Cobra HFC and CBE on my car if you're still looking. 

Air intakes are nice to get done but not necessary, totally depends who you talk to and what you want to do (some intakes need you to take the front bumper off, some have filters that are only ever cleaned and not replaced etc.) 

Remap should be done last after all your engine mods to get full gains.