Looking to get a sense of the 350Z in the flesh.

Reading, researching and a little umming and ahing between 350z and Audi TTS.

Anyone live near Diss, Norwich area who could take me out as  a passenger for a few miles so I can get a better sense of what the 350 offers?

Cheers

Welcome aboard. :welcome: 

If you're looking at the TT then it is either going to be front wheel drive or four wheel drive, ...both of which will handle differently to the rear wheel drive Zed. 

I feel the rwd layout is more of a drivers car and as such more enjoyable as a daily driver/fast road car. 

I think you need to drive one for yourself so I'd start looking at garages nearby to see if there is one available that you can at least test drive yourself. 

• Like 1

They are very different cars, I think whats more important is what you want out of the next car?

TTS is fast, add a remap and its very fast, and will be much faster in a straight line than a 350z. The Zed is a GT car, great for lazy power, linear delivery etc. TTS is a turbo and delivers it with boost and arguably more excitement! 2WD vs 4WD has been covered above. Interior wise I am expecting the Audi to come out on top. Feel wise possibly the Zed (having not driven a TTS but Audi don't have good form in terms of driver feel).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

I'm about an hour away from you in King's Lynn, but if you can't find anyone closer and wanted to meet in the middle and check the car out I'm up for it.

Hey there, this sounds like a plan.   How about I get in touch in a few days if no one nearer offers?  

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 22:14, Scarabrae said:

Reading, researching and a little umming and ahing between 350z and Audi TTS.

Anyone live near Diss, Norwich area who could take me out as  a passenger for a few miles so I can get a better sense of what the 350 offers?

Cheers

Really just depends on what you want from the car. The TTS will most likely be the quicker car A to B in all weather conditions, will have a nicer interior, deliver better fuel economy etc. But unfortunately they lack any 'soul' and you are unlikely to fall in love with it as you would with a Z. The Z also has a fantastic community, always something interesting to read on this forum (not always just Z related) and loads of meets. If you are after a toy / weekend fun car then the Z is probably the way to go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scarabrae said:

Thanks to, Kryptek49.  I had the absolute pleasure of seeing and being in a 350z in the flesh.  Gorgeous, Z too.  I'm pretty much convinced what choice I will be making.  Cheers!

That's great and fantastic that another member could give you a taste of what the Zed has to offer. Well done @Kryptek49 . :clap:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wanted to say I'm off this Sunday to buy (soon to be mine) a 370.  So, so excited!  Five hour train journey then a four hour drive back home :)

I popped up to Japfest a few weeks ago with my wife, I have to get her approval, right?  Apart from her being concered about how low it may be for her to get in and out (both in our early 50's and she found by Mk3 MR2 a struggle) I got her nod of approval.  Yay!  

Thanks again to Kryptek49 for meeting up with me a few months back.

Edited by Scarabrae
  • Like 2

Similar here, drove up to Coventry bought it drove back to Surrey. Had a little panic on the way back when I noticed the windows wouldn't open, even pulled over and got out and shouted at myself for not checking something so simple, then saw the window lock button...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, coldel said:

Similar here, drove up to Coventry bought it drove back to Surrey. Had a little panic on the way back when I noticed the windows wouldn't open, even pulled over and got out and shouted at myself for not checking something so simple, then saw the window lock button...

I got a great mental picture from that - Imagine driving down the motorway and seeing Col giving himself a darn good talking to on the side of the road :thumbs::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 21/05/2019 at 18:16, Keyser said:

I got a great mental picture from that - Imagine driving down the motorway and seeing Col giving himself a darn good talking to on the side of the road :thumbs::lol:

:lol: it was my first sports car purchase, I had gone up there with a big list of things to check, panicked as I looked over it because I really wanted it, then on the way home thinking oh my god just thrown a fair few quid at this, it was roasting hot so tried to get windows down  and they wouldnt work and straight away thought everything else would go wrong. Stopped in next services and jumped out looked at the car and gave myself a right talking too :bangin:

Then saw on the open drivers door a switch, and all was good in the world once again...

• Haha 1

Hi and welcome. Sounds like you made up your mind already but here my thoughts. I had a 2001 225 TT Quattro before my 05 350Z DE. The TT was great handling and once the turbp kicked in (without much delay that I noticed) it flew up the road (When safe to do so and within the speed limit of course. The TT is smaller and so better with these crazy small parking spaces at supermarkets etc. I'm not as confident at tight bends and islands in the Z as I always think the back will kick out which is just me being an old fart probably. Turning circle of the Bismark is a bummer on the Z AS for price the TT are common as muck so you can pick up a bragain for a few grand. Glad to say I've had my 350 for about 3 years, paid £6,700 (including the £1000 I got P/X for the TT, which I paid £3K for 3 years before) and the Z is still worth about £6K I think. Though I've damaged the wheel arches and kirbed the wheels a bit so might knock some off.

Hope the ramblings of an old fart are usefull. Good luck with whater you buy. :-)

P.S TT great in the sanow, Zed don't even attempt it.

Edited by EcoFriendlyAL