370z which pads

nissanman312

Evening guys im due a pad change and would like your opinions on which aftermarket pads have you gone for and how did they out perform oem pads and at what cost in monetary terms 

The car is used for fast road/European trips and a odd track day here and there but very rare 

Thanks in advance 

I changed to Hawk HPS pads last year and so far they've out performed the stock pads in every way. Used for fast road and track as well as the occasional commute to work. Great bite from cold and can take some abuse as well. 

That's not to say they are the best option but i have been pleased with them

5 hours ago, dave_7 said:

I changed to Hawk HPS pads last year and so far they've out performed the stock pads in every way. Used for fast road and track as well as the occasional commute to work. Great bite from cold and can take some abuse as well. 

That's not to say they are the best option but i have been pleased with them

Thanks mate 

They are about the closest to oem price apart from yellow stuff I think 

18 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Thanks mate 

They are about the closest to oem price apart from yellow stuff I think 

No worries mate, obviously if you're going to really abuse them there are more expensive options. Horses for courses and all that

I had CL RC05+ on my 350Z and found them really good, a bit dusty but excellent on road and track. Carbotech XP8 would be a good choice too. 

With the greatest of respect to those that use them, Hawk, Yellowstuff (any EBC TBH) and even DS2500 are hugely outperformed by these and they arent that much more expensive, if youre tracking then Id say something of this level is a must :)

3 hours ago, docwra said:

I had CL RC05+ on my 350Z and found them really good, a bit dusty but excellent on road and track. Carbotech XP8 would be a good choice too. 

With the greatest of respect to those that use them, Hawk, Yellowstuff (any EBC TBH) and even DS2500 are hugely outperformed by these and they arent that much more expensive, if youre tracking then Id say something of this level is a must :)

Thanks mate 

How harsh would those be on stock discs and also the carbotech 

They will wear discs faster than weaker pads but its not excessive, I went through two sets of RC05+ without needing to do anything with discs, Carbotechs are less harsh.

My 135i took 2 sets of RS29 before the discs needed skimming, Im now on a second set of CL RC6 which are known for eating discs up.