Alloy wheel protectors

Dicky

had it on the Nismo. I hit a curb at mercedes and yep they did the job. If you scrape a curb that isnt slanted backwards you may have an issue with rubbing higher up. These rims dont protrude so should be fine

This protects you at low speeds hitting at an angle. I dont think it will protect you hitting the curb at high speed as this happened when I left my car with Nissan and the whole thing came off. 

Never had an issue once I put them on. Taking them off leaves a tough adhesive that may need scrubbing with warm water to get off

Got mine of Ebay rimblades scuffs I think they're called.

GOPR0092.JPG

Edited by GranTurismoEra

9 hours ago, LRF4N said:

How about learning how to park? Even cheaper than plastic rings ruining the look of your wheels :stir:

:lol: 

I tend to agree, however I did fit them on my rota GTR s on my 350z and they worked well. I am about to put my new work emotions on my Nismo that cost a fortune and I’m torn whether to put rimblades on or not. Think I am opting not but may get some and see how they look up against them. In my mind it’s a trade off between ruining the look versus protecting the rim.

On 08/03/2019 at 23:13, LRF4N said:

How about learning how to park? Even cheaper than plastic rings ruining the look of your wheels :stir:

:lol: 

Sometimes it's not about you but others. I can park very well. However recently I had to swerve to avoid a car hitting me whilst she was taking a corner too wide. I ended up hitting the kerb a little bit. It was either that or a smash and my bumper and headlight going. :rant:

What’s all this about learning how to park!

As the Bounty bar kid says parking isn’t always the reason for scuffing wheels. I also had to avoid a car which forced me into the curb damaging my wheels. 

Even the best drivers have accidents. The sensible car owner insures against the unforeseen.  

On 22/03/2019 at 16:30, Dicky said:

What’s all this about learning how to park!

As the Bounty bar kid says parking isn’t always the reason for scuffing wheels. I also had to avoid a car which forced me into the curb damaging my wheels. 

Even the best drivers have accidents. The sensible car owner insures against the unforeseen.  

I know right, you dont have to tell me. I was just taking shots at a different thread where someone mentioned learn how to park lol

14 hours ago, nissanjuke said:

I FITTED black rimblades and they have been great :D

WP_20170516_14_59_16_Pro.jpg

Not sure on these in black - people prefer the looks of big rims, and this just completely detracts from that.  Silver might work though without looking out of place.

Personally I would recommend these.

We can all pretend we're perfect drivers, but yeah sometimes you might scuff a rim while parallel parking, and these do the job.

I applied one and went for a spin and it was gone by the time I got back! :blush:

I then took my time on the other 3 and used a hairdryer and they've been fine.

13 hours ago, ArsenalMoh said:

Personally I would recommend these.

We can all pretend we're perfect drivers, but yeah sometimes you might scuff a rim while parallel parking, and these do the job.

I applied one and went for a spin and it was gone by the time I got back! :blush:

I then took my time on the other 3 and used a hairdryer and they've been fine.

youre not suppose to go over 30mph for 24 hours after putting them on

My Z had Alloygaters fitted when I bought it. I removed them as I didn't like the look of them, and they needed refurbed anyway. What I did notice was that a lot of crud had built up under them, and they'd corroded the lip of the wheel to an extent. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CountKyle said:

My Z had Alloygaters fitted when I bought it. I removed them as I didn't like the look of them, and they needed refurbed anyway. What I did notice was that a lot of crud had built up under them, and they'd corroded the lip of the wheel to an extent. 

You rarely get something for nothing, more protection in this case led to more corrosion and if one came off whilst driving bodywork damage could happen. Personally, despite having had one refurb due to a tight corner in a multi storey car park I will stick with naked wheels.

Edited by StormWhite

• 2 weeks later...