350Z UK ECU and all extras into JDM

Gr00vy

Currently only have one key for my JDM and it is the one without buttons so have to manually lock the car each time as the cobra system is also screwed.

New keys, £114 per key delivered with no programming so looking at £300+ for two.

I've been wondering about swapping out all the electronics, already replaced things like the pod, etc to get mpg and the clock working.

If I bought something like the below,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-ECU-KIT-COLLECTION-ONLY-2005/292955594979?hash=item443583a0e3:g:jFUAAOSwZ4RcESbY:rk:8:pf:0

Would that be all the electronics I needed and could I just do a straight swop, considering it's an auto would the UK ECU even support that, if I did a remap could they sort that then and there? Would things like the ODB ports require different wiring?

If it was a direct swop it would be less then buying the keys alone, make it cheaper in future if I ever needed keys and I could actually get an OBD reader to work with the damn car (have tried several with no joy)

If the above questions are idiotic say so and I'll just order the keys, selling the car is not an option and have to make what I have work :)

Edited by Gr00vy

The OBD reader you want for a JDM ECM (assuming you stick with it - which would be my choice) is an OBDMATE OM500. These are available from Amazon and eBay (sales links show up in searches and they are easy to buy). JDM ECM use JOBD protocol, which the OM500 is fully compatible with to allow reading and resetting of codes. :thumbs:

• Thanks 1