Roadster that needs some tlc

Hi

So I have brought a 2005 Z roadster in orange it is a cat N but is a good base. Need the roof replaced and the drivers seat repaired but it has  all most complete service history to 48000, With only 58000 on the clock it drives well and of course sounds great with a scorpion back dox. So I will keep you posted on the jobs as i get round to doing them. I'm shore there will be some questions for the assembled.

350Z 1.jpg

350z 2.jpg

Edited by Swiftgit

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

welcome considering a convertible myself. Yep I assume ill set aside £1000 for roof etc if I got one

Fitted my own and saved £450 only a days work with some basic tools :)

Go soft top and hear the roar

Got my eye on a few. Was going to get the Nismo 370 which I had before but going to leave it. Maybe Ill keep it for a few years and see what happens with any announcements as that always affects prices of previous. 

Any mods planned?

Edited by GranTurismoEra

21 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Got my eye on a few. Was going to get the Nismo 370 which I had before but going to leave it. Maybe Ill keep it for a few years and see what happens with any announcements as that always affects prices of previous. 

Any mods planned?

l'm saying no I will keep it stock but there are so fun bolt on goodies. it already has a after market exhaust fitted so maybe one or two little mods won't hurt. ;)

22 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

The one im going to check tomorrow has a stock exhaust which isnt bad. As its convertible it gets loud in the cabin right? Even with the roof up?

It does let in a bit more noise but with the roof down go find a tunnel :drive1

I some times consider a convertible but worry about the noise in the cabin when the roof is up, is it as bad as they say? If you change the roof can you insulate a little or there isn’t really any room to do so? 

Mine is alot quieter now that I have sorted the ripped hood. I've not driven a hard top to compare it to but then again how many of the hard top owners have driven a soft top. I would say it is no worse than some of the hard top sports cars I've had.

12 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

are you able to fix the roof if it stops working mechanically?

Don't know not tried yet but the manual gives all the details from fault finding to repair so I will try if I have to.

• Like 1

On 14/03/2019 at 14:46, Kaikora said:

I some times consider a convertible but worry about the noise in the cabin when the roof is up, is it as bad as they say? If you change the roof can you insulate a little or there isn’t really any room to do so? 

Wouldn't say there too noisy at all and with the roof down, mmm nice :thumbs:

10 hours ago, Swiftgit said:

Don't know not tried yet but the manual gives all the details from fault finding to repair so I will try if I have to.

I have a " moody " roof on mine, problem with the reat latch  which locates into the tonneau so have taken latch of and all good, its still even 99.9% waterproof.