Torqen S coilovers

Shep1982

Hi guys,

Anyone on here for the torqen s coilovers and can provide me a quick review and answer me some questions? 

1. Are they any good

2. What settings do you have then on and why. I.e. 10 clicks from hard setting. 

3. Do they sharpen things up.

4.My current set up is eibach prokit lowering springs with whiteline sway bar and my cars handling as improved a lot however there's still room for improvement. Will the coilovers offer a significant improvement over my current lowering springs.

5. Do you use the rear extenders and where do they go?

6. If you know, how do they compare to say BC or meister r coilovers as there similar money. 

7. If not torqen s. And anyone use say BC or meister. Please provide me your opinions and current settings if poss. 

Cheers folks. 

Edited by Shep1982

@Shep1982 I'm fairly certain @V1H has the Torqen S coilovers so he'll be able to give you his opinions on them.

From what I understand they don't go very low though. Not even as low as most lowering springs! 15mm springs to mind but I'm not too certain.

Ive got BC's myself and I swear by them. I've had them on every car I've ever owned and they've always been spot on. Plenty of adjustment and generally perfect for the cost. 

Ive got mine on full stiff with 16kg front and 12kg rear springs but I generally run my car far too stiff as it's quite low. 

I used to have the stock 10/8 spring set up with 10 clicks from stiff on the front and 15 clicks from stiff on the rear. It was a perfect set up for daily driving while still making the car feel much sharper and planted on the road. 

Cheers for the review. BCs are one of my options. Thanks for the settings also. It seems to be that generally that is the average set up across the board 10-12 front and 13-15 rear so it's good to hear some one confirm that. I actually find my eibach springs are too low so I may go a little higher. My street has 7 speed bumps which catch the front and the underside of the car Every time :-( I don't know which part that's metal rubbing but it almost makes me cry Every time LMAO.  I just want the option to raise and lower when required but mainly for the planted feel. I want more a sharper feel and much more planted :-) 

1 hour ago, Silverthorn said:

From what I understand they don't go very low though

Wait, what? :lol: 

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/suspension/coilovers/233-370z-torqen-s-coilovers-trqz34s.html

"from stock height to up to 50mm lower"

Why would you want lower than that, you'd be left without an exhaust in no time :lol: 

@Adrian@TORQEN @V1H stated in his project thread, using the Torqen S coilovers that "The rear coils I set to the lowest possible ride height, but could only achieve a drop of 12 mmversus stock. And this I only achieved by taking out one of the two blue collar ring nuts on the coil seat. I feel the rear coils are a tiny bit too tall/stiff. But I'm happy nonetheless"

That's what I'm basing the above comment about a 15mm drop on... Never used them myself 

Edited by Silverthorn

1 hour ago, Shep1982 said:

Cheers for the review. BCs are one of my options. Thanks for the settings also. It seems to be that generally that is the average set up across the board 10-12 front and 13-15 rear so it's good to hear some one confirm that. I actually find my eibach springs are too low so I may go a little higher. My street has 7 speed bumps which catch the front and the underside of the car Every time :-( I don't know which part that's metal rubbing but it almost makes me cry Every time LMAO.  I just want the option to raise and lower when required but mainly for the planted feel. I want more a sharper feel and much more planted :-) 

If you want to raise and lower at will, then you’ll need either a proper hydraulic lifting kit or air suspension. Even regular adjustable suspension will take you a fair while to change ride heights. 

As for a more planted feel have you done a proper geo, what tyres are you running and are you on stock roll bars? Also are we talking low speed or high speed corners? 

On 28/02/2019 at 19:43, Silverthorn said:

@Adrian@TORQEN @V1H stated in his project thread, using the Torqen S coilovers that "The rear coils I set to the lowest possible ride height, but could only achieve a drop of 12 mmversus stock. And this I only achieved by taking out one of the two blue collar ring nuts on the coil seat. I feel the rear coils are a tiny bit too tall/stiff. But I'm happy nonetheless"

That's what I'm basing the above comment about a 15mm drop on... Never used them myself 

Having since installed 20" wheels, my rear drop inevitably reduced to 8mm. The front end drop I deliberately reduced to 13mm. The initial 36mm drop were way too low in practical terms.

• Like 1