Tesco momentum Vs V Power

HEADPHONES

On 09/03/2019 at 14:55, Sim said:

Just had a quick scan of the topic, so sorry if somone already covered this..

I get less knock detection running V-Power than any other Super so there must be some real difference between fuels.

Makes sense pal

• Like 1

On 08/03/2019 at 13:13, Jetpilot said:

You dont want to take the word from someone who works at the refinery then, you will be saying the earth is flat soon, oh wait....

We'll the moon is said to be in our atmosphere........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So Shell have recently started moving over to a new loyalty program, Shell Go+. I've just visited 10 times topping up at least £10 (more like £20 a time on average) and I've been rewarded £1 back. 

Thinking it's time to exclusively use Tesco Momentum from here on in, especially with the points of view in this thread. 

Read up somewhere that ecutek can be mapped for 99 octane fuel and helps draw a little extra power and efficiency. Anyone? 

Yeah can't say I'm very impressed with the new Shell Go+. The member rewards (which weren't much in the first place) seem to have been cut back quite a lot.

On the plus side though Shell have taken over the energy company I'm with (First Utility) and I now get 3% off fuel. 

14 minutes ago, Jack94 said:

Yeah can't say I'm very impressed with the new Shell Go+. The member rewards (which weren't much in the first place) seem to have been cut back quite a lot.

On the plus side though Shell have taken over the energy company I'm with (First Utility) and I now get 3% off fuel. 

Ditto for Shell Energy 

With the sunset of free fuel money from shell on the loyalty scheme, it’s only the smugness I derive from the V(I)Power that is attractive. If I were to start smashing loads of clubcard points on by switching to Momentum, I’d be much better off. And I’m only fuelling 4 cylinders. (Long term average is over 30mpg even with the occasional spirited sessions).

To be quite frank saving a tenner here and there after spending hundreds if not thousands of pounds on fuel doesn't really motivate me. I wonder how many people who religiously drive that bit further for Shell vs a nearer Tesco then say 'ha look I saved a tenner' after 50 trips :lol: Then again I probably stick £20 worth in every 2 or 3 weeks as I only use my car for fun!

I like to tell myself V power is better than momentum but to be honest the main reason I use it is because both petrol stations are about the same distance away from me but Tesco is always rammed whereas Shell is always quiet.

So I can either spend about 20 mins queuing for a pump or 5 mins in and out using fill up & go, which makes the slightly higher price worth it for me. 

• 6 months later...
On 17/10/2019 at 13:21, Umster said:

Holy Thread Revival! 

Just come across this ChrisFix video and how he describes the difference in octane rating between Europe and the US as a myth. Thoughts? 

Note, video is sponsored/promoted by Shell 

https://youtu.be/Bb5VfiFy0kY

It's pretty straight forward, just different ways of measuring Octane ratings.

Clearly says put the correct Octane in to avoid engine damage from knock......

• Like 1