Berk HFC life span?

Hayd350

Can anyone hazard a guess at the average life span on a set of berk HFC's or any brand for that matter? Just got my HR through the MOT but the margin was unbelievably tight. Must have had them 8yrs, thinking they're surely due a change in time for next year's MOT. He  basically said we won't be so lucky next time and to think of a way to reduce emissions. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2019 at 20:27, msitpro said:

Do you have the actual figures from the test you could share? Do you have a stock ECU or has it been tuned, Uprev etc?

Better late than never i guess. Apologies. Errr i'll have the figures on my 1st fail certificate yeah so i'll take a look.

I did wonder about the remap, was done at Abbey so i belive at the time it was the uprev remap. Would have been MOT'd with the "All out" map in place.

Wondering if running it through on the factory map would have made a difference to the figures.

I don't mind spending money on my motor specially when an MOT certificate's at stake but if new cats aren't going to solve my problem it's an expense i'm happy to avoid.

17 minutes ago, Hayd350 said:

Better late than never i guess. Apologies. Errr i'll have the figures on my 1st fail certificate yeah so i'll take a look.

I did wonder about the remap, was done at Abbey so i belive at the time it was the uprev remap. Would have been MOT'd with the "All out" map in place.

Wondering if running it through on the factory map would have made a difference to the figures.

I don't mind spending money on my motor specially when an MOT certificate's at stake but if new cats aren't going to solve my problem it's an expense i'm happy to avoid.

Cheers for the info - when was that Uprev map done? Was it after the last MOT but before the latest one?

1 hour ago, msitpro said:

Cheers for the info - when was that Uprev map done? Was it after the last MOT but before the latest one?

The years of ownership have kinda blurred into a singular mass but i think i've had the 350 pass a couple of MOT's without a mention  of emissions since the remap.