What have I just bought?

Hi all. New to the forum. Yesterday I bought a 66 plate 370 Nismo in black, with full spec, sat nav, 19" rays reverse camera, Recaro leather and suede seats, panels. I paid 24k with 16k on the clock.

There are after market extras, GTR ignition stoart button, Armytrix exhaust with push button controller in cockpit GTR style colour contrasted red and black rear wing and contrasted red and black fairing and unexpectedly I've discovered Stillen Gen 3 Air Intake Kit under the hood.

I assume this all works together to improve airflow, increase exhaust note (which it does). Not sure if I've bought a bargain or a lot of hassle? Does all this improve power output or is it mostly cosmetic and sound? I'll post pics when I can. It definitely looks like a complete one of and really turns heads on the pavement. Sorry for the noob questions. New to all this.

When its on it bloody screams especially after its warmed up. When it rev matches especially down it explodes with a very loud bang! I'm assured this is normal. Hilarious two lads on the pavement jumped last night when it happened. Good thing I can switch it off.

I have to say the rear wing did it for me. The contrasting red and black with the accent colour around the exhausts looks fantastic. Like a total one of. And the Z decal badges front and back. To be honest it had all the after market extras I would of spent but on a 19 month old car. I suspect the previous owner new their business. Can't believe my luck really.

1 minute ago, Whitevanman said:

ha ha ,I knew it would be loud, if I had lived abit nearer I would of gone to view it sooner...…..sounds like its gonna be a lot of fun 

bet it sounds good on a tunnel run....

yeah. Might need to try that. I did notice a lot of higher end sports drivers, sniffing around the car on the M1, diving in and out. Lot of fun. Whole new world to me. Got a clean licence so just short pulls for me.

fair enough. I did pay 14k cash for a 2011 370 GT in silver. Nice car with 37k on clock. Steering column and start stop button locked up in the first two days of ownership and had to call the RAC. Apparently its a common fault. Went straight back to dealer and so I used a big chunk of the deposit on the nismo. Looking forward to some dry days car meets and some Z time.

4 minutes ago, JonnyNismo said:

fair enough. I did pay 14k cash for a 2011 370 GT in silver. Nice car with 37k on clock. Steering column and start stop button locked up in the first two days of ownership and had to call the RAC. Apparently its a common fault. Went straight back to dealer and so I used a big chunk of the deposit on the nismo. Looking forward to some dry days car meets and some Z time.

that was unlucky mate, but sounds like you've made a better purchase now though, hope to see it some time, 

enjoy the car mate and welcome to the site......

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...