Shemima Begum?

TT350

Thoughts? 

A token gesture by the government, fully expecting their ruling to be overturned? 

Will the left force the government to allow her return? 

Should she be allowed to return? And if so, under what terms, given the fact she's completely unrepentant? 

Do you think her argument "because I've been through a lot and seen a lot" holds any water? 

Over to you. 

It really should be very simple, make it law that if you leave to support or fight for isis or any terror network, you waive all rights to return, British Citizen or not and then there can be absolutely no confusion for the future.

And there isnt a chance in hell i want my taxes paying for her to be imprisoned.

• Like 7

The Kurds are nice people (our local car wash is run by them) ... I'm sure they would welcome her to their place ... northern Iraq has quite a pleasant climate too ... they'd be able to indulge in enjoyable recollection of past events in Syria

• Haha 1

No chance!! None of her interviews shows any signs of remorse, not a single bit!! ISIS has lost all their territories and influence......she wants to come home, I'm sure she'll carry on staying there if ISIS is on top of their game and her husband is still fighting.

16 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

It really should be very simple, make it law that if you leave to support or fight for isis or any terror network, you waive all rights to return, British Citizen or not and then there can be absolutely no confusion for the future.

And there isnt a chance in hell i want my taxes paying for her to be imprisoned.

100% agree with Jetpilot. Wouldn't happen on Trumps watch. Not a chance she would be allowed back.

27 minutes ago, shaunRS said:

She can come back if she likes IMO. The people on the streets will deal with her quick enough and I'm fine with that.

And watch anyone who "deals" with her be up on a charge of racial hatred before you can blink, oh the irony!

21 minutes ago, RickyZ said:

Technically she should be able to come back if she wants as she is British; the sad thing is that she actually wants to come back as it shows just how soft our country is.

If what i have read is true she also holds a Bangladesh passport which is part of the reason why her citizenship has been revoked because she is not without a nation.

I think if she was blonde with pigtails and got duped into folllowing an utterly stupid ideology at 15 years old she’d be seen as a victim of this evil bunch of lunatics, and desperately in need of help. If anyone needs a serious talking to here it’s the parents who’s job it is to stop this, they the were adults at the time and that’s where the buck stops with minors.

From a purely legal perspective, whatever the case in question is, the idea you can strip a person of their nationality is bananas. 

• Like 2

Personally I think she should not be allowed back here. She knowingly left to follow a terrorist organisation, she has said she does not regret doing this so therefore she should forgo her right to be able to come back. Having the tax payer look after her either in prison or on the dole, as I wouldn't think anyone would employ her??? 

• Like 2

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 18:21, Jetpilot said:

100% with you.

• Like 1

On a personal level I don't want her to come back and that goes for everyone who joined IS. If she were to come back then she would have to have a lifelong change of identity, much like the Bulger killers to protect her from retaliation and this would cost many millions of £'s. I don't think this is really acceptable. The problem she has is that I can't think of a single country that would take her, maybe Palestine but I'm not even sure of that.  It was fairly obvious to me that at some stage IS would be defeated,and by the time she left in 2015 the Western powers were already committed to squashing the truly evil scourge of IS. The writing was on the wall when they started beheading journalists, aid workers and the ethnic cleansing of the Yazidis.  She should, even at 15, thought this through properly and realized this so called Utopia would be very short lived. I don't know what's going to happen to her but quite frankly I don't really care and the sooner the press stop interviewing her the better.

Pete 

• Like 4