Torqen HFC HR review

Kryptek49

Recently purchased a pair of Torqen's High Flow Cat's for my HR, so thought I'd post up a quick review.

Ordered from Torqen's website for around £410 - delivery was quick, around 2 days.

On first impressions the cats looked good - felt solid and I was happy.

Installing in the car started pretty smoothly - fitment is spot on, and it matched up to my Miltek Y Pipe perfectly.  

Unfortunately, when torquing up the passenger side O2 sensor, the spacer sheared off at the weld!  I've attached a photo below.

IMG_20190216_144553.jpg.6d653bbca630bbb6f965c88548358df5.jpg

As you can see it was a clean break around the weld, and the exposed metal appears to be rusty. My neighbour who used to work in a machine shop had a look at the welds and wasn't too impressed, however the larger welds around the flanges all appeared to be good.

I contacted Adrian, and he sent out a brand new cat which I received the next day.  This one fortunately didn't break and went in smoothly.

Got the car started, and the cat's sound amazing - very loud! (Exhuast is now Torqen HFC, Miltek Y Pipe & Cobra Non-Res).   

When cruising at 60, it is fairly silent, however as soon as you put your foot down it roars.  It's a very similar exhaust note to before, just slightly lower and a bit louder which I'm happy with.  Can't say I've noticed any increase in power, however it's only supposed to be a marginal increase anyway.

Overall I'm very happy with them - customer service was excellent, however the poor welding may be a cause for concern.  I'd still recommend the cats at this price to everyone though.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...