Track HR build turbo with 465bhp and 417ftlb so far....

Diggerman

So I started the dreaded gallery gaskets tonight, got home from work at 5 and tried to get on with as much as I could hoping to be ready when the gaskets arrive from Torqen.

I havnt done a DIY but I'll put some pics up and if anyone wants to ask questions then fire away :)

Managed quite a bit in just 3 hours, I need to rethink the crank pulley bolt though as my impact gun didnt budge it :/ 

Found that my radiator is a little worse for wear but it's a little silver lining I suppose as I don't fancy that going on me when I'm out so upgrade it is :)

Got to the cam cover at last and the moment of truth, was my low oil pressure definitely the gallery gaskets? Thankfully yes, you can see in the picture it's totally blown out but I've got the new gaskets on the way anyway. 

20190501_175815.jpg

20190501_193524.jpg

20190501_185852.jpg

20190501_204751.jpg

20190501_210725.jpg

Edited by Diggerman

Nice build really interested what you have used on the rear mount turbo on my list to do next but so hard finding info on it like turbo to use a s pipe sizes looks like your getting good results here tho 

1 hour ago, Rgvtel said:

Nice build really interested what you have used on the rear mount turbo on my list to do next but so hard finding info on it like turbo to use a s pipe sizes looks like your getting good results here tho 

It's just a cheap Chinese gt35 until I'm confident in the oil system, probably go for genuine Garrett once I am, I looked at a few other makes but cant make my mind up yet so may change, do you mean the oil hoses?

12 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Car looks good buddy, nice build. Nice power as well. Keep up the good work. 

Thanks it's a labour of almost love Haha just need to get everything finished off engine wise then get back to the interior :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diggerman said:

It's just a cheap Chinese gt35 until I'm confident in the oil system, probably go for genuine Garrett once I am, I looked at a few other makes but cant make my mind up yet so may change, do you mean the oil hoses?

Can understand using the cheap turbo till your happy that’s a good call are you feeding oil from sump to turbo then scavenge pump back ?? I’ve been looking at the holset vgt turbo to help with low Down spool but not sure wot size then your having no trouble making boost nice and low so not so sure now lol what size exhaust tube and charge pipe you using as I know that’s the art with rear mounts balancing them all out 

The oil feed is t'd in from the pressure switch using an4 braided hose, and then drain is an10 to scavenge pump back to upper sump via bulkhead fitting drilled in, well I have no issues with boost down low in the sense of what I want from the car, but, you could go quite small with turbo size if you only want a little more power but even then how much lower you can get the boost online in my eyes would be negligible, let's face it if need power from sub 2500rpm then your in wrong gear that's how I see it anyway

Thought I'd add a few photos from the gallery gaskets, thought id add a touch of colour to match the silicone :)

one thing I did notice while I was about to put the sump back on was a piece of gasket was stuck in the oil pick up so if anyones doing it themselves make sure to have a look in there :)

20190508_203440.jpg

20190504_120126.jpg

20190510_202953.jpg

• Like 2