who is into motor bikes ?

napp

i have been into bikes every since I was 16 , I have now given up due to a shoulder injury but still miss them. I am not into the new bikes but love the bikes from the late 70s and 80s ,, jap bikes.

I did pick a British bike a short time back for a little project ,,, my wife thought I was mad and said what do you want a old mans bike like that for.

she did change her mind when it was finished.

P7060092_zpspnfrrjfu.jpg

P7080099_zpsbhktcmqc.jpg

P7080101_zpsl30rx9rn.jpg

P8100252_zpshnsqysnb.jpg

P8100255_zpsk0xpfqyi.jpg

• Like 2

I`ve been into bikes since I first had a FS1E to go to school on (and before then on the fields) and have always had at least one in the garage for the last 40+ years (except during a couple of divorces and the last house move).

Now have this for warm sunny days blasting around the Lincolnshire countryside;

IMG_0104.JPG

Edited by Wayne370Z
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Wayne370Z said:

I`ve been into bikes since I first had a FS1E to go to school on....

Wow, FS1E eh?! That brings back memories! I always wanted an RD50, then a TZR250.....  as it was, my first bike was actually an RD350.

I've got a Yamaha R1 ive had since 2001, a Kawasaki ZXR750L2 i've had since around 1997 and a Ducati 996. All heavily modified! Unfortunately, seldom get to use them since having kids etc. just not got any spare time these days.

54 minutes ago, rabbitstew said:

Wow, FS1E eh?! That brings back memories! I always wanted an RD50, then a TZR250.....  as it was, my first bike was actually an RD350.

I've got a Yamaha R1 ive had since 2001, a Kawasaki ZXR750L2 i've had since around 1997 and a Ducati 996. All heavily modified! Unfortunately, seldom get to use them since having kids etc. just not got any spare time these days.

Yeah, in 1977, there was 2 of us going school on mopeds, my gold FS1E and another lad had a blue SS50.

I had a ZXR750 in purple & black, from new, after the ZXR400 got stolen out the garage but had to sell it at the first divorce, in 1997, as it was the only thing of any value that I left with.

I`ve got plenty of spare time to ride the RSVR now but limited by the cost of how much fuel I can keep putting in it - mpg is probably not much different to the Zed.

I have had a few bikes in my time, I started with a suzuki ts50x1, then moved swiftly on to a kawasaki ar50. Had that rebored and stuff. My bro had a suzuki rgv125 gamma, which I used lol.  When I passed my test I had a 250 super dream. Then a Kwak gpx 600, but the best bike I have owned was a Honda cbr1100 superblackbird it was a missile. I have also had a couple of Honda st1100's as well. 

10 hours ago, Wayne370Z said:

I`ve been into bikes since I first had a FS1E to go to school on (and before then on the fields) and have always had at least one in the garage for the last 40+ years (except during a couple of divorces and the last house move).

Now have this for warm sunny days blasting around the Lincolnshire countryside;

IMG_0104.JPG

P6220052.JPG

P6220044.JPG

P6220043.JPG

I did have this for a few years which was my only foray into cruisers, sports bikes and trail/supermoto being my usual type, but, I did really like it and enjoyed the big V twin which is why I chose the RSVR this time.

My-photographs-084a.jpg

Edited by Wayne370Z

19 hours ago, Wayne370Z said:

I had a ZXR750 in purple & black, from new....

Co-incidentally, the back half of my ZXR750 came from a purple/black one which someone had stacked. By back half I mean the entire back half of the bike from footpegs back - swingarm, wheel, seat chasis & bodywork etc...   I had a massive highside on mine and ripped the entire back half of the bike off on a crash barrier. So I went out and bought one with front damage and made a good one out of the two! Mine is the green/blue/pink coloured one. Even had fluescent pink wheels when I first got it. Soon repainted those satin black! 

Never ridden a cruiser - I sat on one once and the riding position just felt so wrong I got straight back off it. Same as trials bikes.... rode an Africa Twin once and I just couldnt get around the riding position. Even my VFR750 which I had for a while felt weird with high bars, to me and that was a sports tourer.

59 minutes ago, rabbitstew said:

Never ridden a cruiser - I sat on one once and the riding position just felt so wrong I got straight back off it. Same as trials bikes.... rode an Africa Twin once and I just couldnt get around the riding position. Even my VFR750 which I had for a while felt weird with high bars, to me and that was a sports tourer.

I only got it cos I thought it would be more comfortable for the wife on the back than the GSXR but she later decided it wasn`t, although, it was for me, not having her leaning down on my shoulders.

I liked the feel of just lazily cruising around on it and not having to be thrashing it everywhere to feel like it was fun, although, I still had the GSXR at the same time for when I did get that urge.

The ZXR is a cut & shut job then ?... :lol:

Edited by Wayne370Z

23 minutes ago, Wayne370Z said:

I only got it cos I thought it would be more comfortable for the wife on the back than the GSXR but she later decided it wasn`t, although, it was for me, not having her leaning down on my shoulders.

I liked the feel of just lazily cruising around on it and not having to be thrashing it everywhere to feel like it was fun, although, I still had the GSXR at the same time for when I did get that urge.

Good point about the weight on your shoulders from  the missus. Fortunately i converted all my bikes to single seaters which solved that problem! :lol:

The Ducati 996 is good for lazily cruising about, enjoying the v-twin torque etc, although not great around town.

Never thought about it like that but your right, the ZXR is a cut & shut! I had to reweld the seat subframe to the main frame and I think after also adding a new petrol tank & bodywork, only 30% of it is now the original bike! :lol: :thumbs: 

27 minutes ago, Wayne370Z said:

Good point about the weight on your shoulders from  the missus. Fortunately i converted all my bikes to single seaters which solved that problem! :lol:

The Ducati 996 is good for lazily cruising about, enjoying the v-twin torque etc, although not great around town.

Never thought about it like that but your right, the ZXR is a cut & shut! I had to reweld the seat subframe to the main frame and I think after also adding a new petrol tank & bodywork, only 30% of it is now the original bike! :lol: :thumbs: 

EDIT: pic of ZXR after highside. Checkout the dent in the back wheel. Fortunately it all polished out with a bit of T-Cut....

bike4.jpg

8 hours ago, rabbitstew said:

EDIT: pic of ZXR after highside. Checkout the dent in the back wheel. Fortunately it all polished out with a bit of T-Cut....

bike4.jpg

holy S**T 

Always wanted a motorbike since I was a youth but wasn’t allowed one whilst I was living under the parent’s roof. After moving out plans for a bike took a back seat to paying the mortgage, bills and a bad case of Zeditis! Finally took the plunge at the start of the year and did my CBT and now the happy owner of a Yamaha MT125. Plan is to clock up some experience over the summer with view to doing my test around September so I can get a big boy’s bike. 

Here she is seen on her own and next to her big sister. Only a 400bhp difference in power. Although the bike will do almost 140mpg on the work commute compared to around 17mpg in the car so despite the initial outlay on the bike and protective gear it is already starting to pay for itself. 

FAD42834-1068-46E8-BFB9-1DF23E9A8066.jpeg

CE2AA0B3-3E15-4566-80F0-329AA2FDE546.jpeg

I rode bikes extensively during the 80's and 90's. Those were great times, especially the early 80's - far less traffic, far fewer speed camera's, police that just gave you a ticking off for speeding and then a chat about your bike, less 'distracted' car drivers, no Bradley Wiggins wannabe's around every corner, less people driving cars when doped up on 'legal' drugs etc.

Although the urge is still there I'd be surprised if I ever got another - just not fun anymore compared to the good old days : )

After having a trials bike and then a moped when I was younger I finally got my first big bike (2002 ZXR400 L9) when I was 19 for my A2 license. 

Nearly 6 years later I've got my full A license and keep toying with the idea of getting something bigger but can't bring myself to sell the baby ninja!

20170614_115325.jpg

• Like 1

I've currently got a 2008 Suzuki GS500 - only 8 more months till I can take my full A licence test and get on a proper big bike - hopefully a 2012/13 Triumph Street Triple 675.  

It still seems mad to me that you can spend £3-4k on a bike that does 0-60 in 3 seconds, you can't get the level of performance from a car for anywhere near that amount.

7 minutes ago, Kryptek49 said:

I've currently got a 2008 Suzuki GS500 - only 8 more months till I can take my full A licence test and get on a proper big bike - hopefully a 2012/13 Triumph Street Triple 675.  

It still seems mad to me that you can spend £3-4k on a bike that does 0-60 in 3 seconds, you can't get the level of performance from a car for anywhere near that amount.

Triumph's are a good shout. Have myself a 2011 Sprint ST 1050 - awesome bikes!

27 minutes ago, hotrain69 said:

Triumph's are a good shout. Have myself a 2011 Sprint ST 1050 - awesome bikes!

When Triumph re-launched I saw a Daytona Super 3 in yellow at a bike show and had to have one immediately. Heavy and cumbersome compared to modern bikes, and the CBR600 I chopped in for it, but I loved it. The triple sounded a bit like a tractor when idling but sweet when giving it the gas.