Driveway news

ukdavew

Borrowed a breaker/jackhammer today and dug out the highest 18", going to lay some coldlay tarmac tomorrow...we think we've gained about 1-2" extra clearance by doing so.

*fingers crossed*

1-2" inches is quite a lot. Crossing toes for you. So you can wear the Z smile. :yahoo:

Sorry to hear of your drive problems. The 'solution' below has worked for others - it will involve some shuttering, hardcore and concrete to create the raised and more gradually curved profile but if it helps......... :thumbs:

DRIVECHANGEFORukdavew.jpg

So here's what's happened:

1) We cut a line across the drive about a foot down the angled part.

2) We borrowed a breaker and dug out the large block of concrete at the top of the drive and the sloped part up to the line we'd cut.

2427931870_081b685ae1.jpg

3) Then we noticed a huge hump on the roadside which we decided to "improve"

2427118677_9455b97c2c.jpg

4) And now we've laid cold lay tarmac at the lowest level we could. I think we've gained about an inch or so, it's definitely smoothed it out.

2427119059_4bd283cc34.jpg

2427118895_fa3275f542.jpg

What a delightful mix of sarcasm and support :p

Hopefully it doesn't need to last too long till I can get the entire front garden professionally paved. But at the moment the choice is zed or paving...if the Zed still won't fit then it'll be paving and something less nice than the Zed.

What a delightful mix of sarcasm and support :p

Hopefully it doesn't need to last too long till I can get the entire front garden professionally paved. But at the moment the choice is zed or paving...if the Zed still won't fit then it'll be paving and something less nice than the Zed.

Nicely put - lets get the priorites right and get that ZED in :thumbs:

the entrance needs to be wider, so you can drive in at more of an angle, my drive is that steep and i have no probs if i go at an angle, straight on i would beach the car :headhurt:

its the same down our road we have speed bumps and 1 of them is a right bas**rd (ive seen people in regular saloon cars scrape when going over it) but if my dad goes at an angle its fine.

My Zed dream is on the rocks. Tried a modded-suspension (but not lowered as far as we know) RX-7 on the drive at the weekend and it didn't come anywhere close to fitting on. Grounded out and looked like it needed a good couple of inches extra clearance.

I'm taking an angle grinder to the edge of the drive but it's starting to look more and more like the Zed dream isn't going to pay off.

The problem is that if I spank all my cash on getting the driveway done professionally then I've not got the budget left to buy a Zed. And I'm definitely not gonna buy my dream car and leave it on the road for the hoodies to play with.

So I'll do what I can but I have to say I'm pretty deflated at the moment :wacko:

what you need my son is a nice example of a Vauxhall Monaro that someone who is good and trustworthy (aka me) is willing to help sort you out with.

My Zed dream is on the rocks. Tried a modded-suspension (but not lowered as far as we know) RX-7 on the drive at the weekend and it didn't come anywhere close to fitting on. Grounded out and looked like it needed a good couple of inches extra clearance.

I'm taking an angle grinder to the edge of the drive but it's starting to look more and more like the Zed dream isn't going to pay off.

The problem is that if I spank all my cash on getting the driveway done professionally then I've not got the budget left to buy a Zed. And I'm definitely not gonna buy my dream car and leave it on the road for the hoodies to play with.

So I'll do what I can but I have to say I'm pretty deflated at the moment :wacko:

what you need my son is a nice example of a Vauxhall Monaro that someone who is good and trustworthy (aka me) is willing to help sort you out with.

Bloody hell Hagar, blast from the past!! :thumbs:

Didn't you buy a smart car? :D

hey up, yeah I bought a Smart but I sold that last year to get an X-type for the day to day run around. If I sold the ro I'd probably go for a convertible or possibly a clasic but lack of garage now would put me off getting a classic.

Issue is after the ro there is next to no cars out there for the price that have the oomph. I'd fancy a 350z convertible tbh as I seriously miss mine