Admiral just slapped Adrian Flux?

dutty

So I've been with Adrian Flux for a year now on a multicar policy for two modified Golfs, been very happy with them and their customer service even with an inflated rate on the GTi as the Mrs has only been driving for two years.

However, just picked up a 350Z which is obvs a lot more beastly than the GTi and needed to carry my NCD onto this one. Adrian Flux came strong out the gate with a quote of 800+ and Admiral have pretty much halved that!

It beggars belief that AF don't have access to the same pool of underwriters, so are they trying to squeeze me too hard? Either way, Admiral have got my business this year. Maybe next year AF :doh:

Two things;

1) Admiral absolutely will increase the renewal for next year, no matter what. So remember your renewal date.

2) Is the Z modified at all? Admiral don’t replace modifications so it might not be a like for like comparison.

That said Admiral do tend to throw out low premiums for the 1st year on the 350z - they want to attract new business but are terrible at keeping existing customers happy.

I was with admiral for 9-10 years. Always the cheapest and yearly renewal didn’t always go up, always came down unless there was a claim. That was with 5 cars at one point on a multicar policy. They even honoured that over 2 addresses at one point. It was only after that period other companies were cheaper 

On 13/02/2019 at 11:30, dutty said:

So I've been with Adrian Flux for a year now on a multicar policy for two modified Golfs, been very happy with them and their customer service even with an inflated rate on the GTi as the Mrs has only been driving for two years.

However, just picked up a 350Z which is obvs a lot more beastly than the GTi and needed to carry my NCD onto this one. Adrian Flux came strong out the gate with a quote of 800+ and Admiral have pretty much halved that!

It beggars belief that AF don't have access to the same pool of underwriters, so are they trying to squeeze me too hard? Either way, Admiral have got my business this year. Maybe next year AF :doh:

Hi.

I'm sorry we could't help on your new vehicle. Admiral are their own insurer so we wouldn't have any access to there insurance.

Please do feel free to try us again next year.

Regards,

Dan.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 13/02/2019 at 13:05, ilogikal1 said:

Two things;

1) Admiral absolutely will increase the renewal for next year, no matter what. So remember your renewal date.

2) Is the Z modified at all? Admiral don’t replace modifications so it might not be a like for like comparison.

That said Admiral do tend to throw out low premiums for the 1st year on the 350z - they want to attract new business but are terrible at keeping existing customers happy.

This. Admiral will only replace with stock parts so watch out if it modded