Joining the Zed fetish anonymous club...

dutty

Hey all,

Just closed the deal on an import 2003 350z. Been drooling over these motors since I can remember and now I get to join the lofty heights of others looking to sink a ton of cash in to car mods.

Was very lucky finding a young gentleman who was forced to sell due to astronomical insurance cost. She definitely needs some work and a little Botox but the plan is to spruce her up and make her pretty again. Might even make a project thread!

So hey all, glad to make your acquaintance.

Cheers

PSX_20190212_232606.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Akumanozetto said:

what will be your first mod? :thumbs: IIMO adding a spoiler is good for a 350z. 

Probably a HFC and new exhaust. It's currently been decatted and has a cheap horrible exhaust thrown on. Need to get it through its MOT.

1 minute ago, dutty said:

Probably a HFC and new exhaust. It's currently been decatted and has a cheap horrible exhaust thrown on. Need to get it through its MOT.

Maybe getting the OEM cats for the MOT and keep the decat for the rest of the year? :teeth: I was told that there is a chance that the HFC will not pass the MOT if not warming it up enough right before the test. For me, i fitted a HFC and the invidia gemini cat back exhaust as my OEM exhaust was so rusty and i decide to keep the car for a few years. If that is within your budget, then go for it, you will not regret :thumbs:

4 minutes ago, Akumanozetto said:

Maybe getting the OEM cats for the MOT and keep the decat for the rest of the year? :teeth: I was told that there is a chance that the HFC will not pass the MOT if not warming it up enough right before the test. For me, i fitted a HFC and the invidia gemini cat back exhaust as my OEM exhaust was so rusty and i decide to keep the car for a few years. If that is within your budget, then go for it, you will not regret :thumbs:

I've got a great mechanic so not too worried.

You've got the exact exhaust setup I'm looking at fitting. :clap:

1 minute ago, Konflict89 said:

welcome to the forum! looks like its had a rear quarter repair at some point. if so, i hope you got a good price for it :huh:

Yeah, not a bad price at all.

It has been an old drift car at some point that's for sure.