Advice on tyres

Bellfour

Ok so I'm being a bit of a biff here regarding tyres.....

My 350z has 20 inch wheels on with 275/30 rear and 245/30 front.

My big plan was to get a set of 18s and put winter tyres on.  I have the wheels.  Just need tyres

Now my brain is saying, you dont need winter tyres as its mid Feb, do that in October.

If that's the case, do I put new summer tyres on the 20's or get a set for the 18's.  How much of a difference in ride quality will I notice between them?  Clearly the 18's are cheaper.

Then I start thinking about using all weather tyres like the Michelin climate +

If I give someone my keys and some cash, can you decide for me!!!!!!

Lol,  I've never has an issue but have probably been convinced it's a good idea by the stories I'm reading about the cars losing traction all the time!

Granted, I've never had a car as sporty as this or as powerful but it seems docile enough if I'm just bimbling about.

My merc was a nightmare in the snow but in reality that's only 2 or 3 days a year.  

So that leaves me with the 18 v 20 inch wheel debate to solve!!

I ran 225/40 and 245/40 on my old car with zero issues, and I would say that 90% of people running those sizes have no problems either. That said, there are some that do seem to have over-sensitive TCS in their cars, but as a general rule I’d say go for those instead if it saves a few quid. :) 

I’m really confused now!!!  I’m old it’s easy

just rechecked my tyres that I have fitted on these 20 inch rims and the rears are 275/30/20 and thefronts are 245/35/20. 

After a few hours of searches it seems that I should be dead already.  

But I’ve put over 500 miles on the car this week and they seem fine.  No issues with the esp or anything.  Grip and handling is fine.   I tried to get the esp to kick in just in case it wasn’t working and i had to floor it in first out of a junction to get the esp to work.   

The fronts are close to needing changed.  Clearly the car has been run with these sized tyres for a long time, but every thing I’m reading says it’s wrong.  The front inside of the wheel arches are pushed up (rolled?}. And it looks like there are spacers fitted front and back (bigger at back)

Answers on a postcard to 

am I lucky

to be alive?