P2101 code and no start

SlyBacon

Hi all, 

Car has been sat over the winter approximately 6 weeks, she ran like a dream until it was parked up. 

Go to start it today and nothing, it turns over and does inject fuel but will not start! 

Plugged a code reader in and got p2101 which is to do with the throttle body. So I took the intake off and got rid of the small amount of crud in front of the valve. Reset the codes and tried starting again. 

Still no start... Any advice where to check next? 

Thanks 

James

Edited by SlyBacon

Have you tried a throttle position sensor reset? There are some guides on the forum of how you can do the various resets. I had the same code after cleaning my throttle body and the various resets fixed it. Although mines was starting fine and randomly would go into limp mode, so a slightly different issue.

It could be that your throttle body is broken or damaged in some way? Have you seen the throttle body actually open when pressing the accelerator? 

Edited by Rikz2004
Typo

As far as i remember there is only one crank sensor and a camshaft sensor for each bank.

Each has their own fault code so unless you are getting other codes I can't see it being anything other than the throttle body its telling you.

No there are 2 crank sensors on each bank.  One has a black connector. The other one has a green connector. You should get a p1004 code  it's the one on the right hand side past the throttle body.  At the bottom . You can get then for about £20.00 on ebay.  All you need is a 10mm spanner 

Just to be clear guys, there is only one crank sensor on the DE and HR models.

I think that you may be getting confused with the cam sensors which can vary between 1 per bank to 2 per bank depending on your model.

Avoid cam and crank sensors from Ebay as they are rubbish with no longevity.

Always fit genuine Nissan OEM to save all the ball ache.

Possible causes: for DTC P2101

Faulty Electric Throttle Control (ETC) Actuator

Electric Throttle Control (ETC) Actuator harness is open or shorted

Electric Throttle Control (ETC) Actuator circuit poor electrical connection

The throttle actuator is operated by the Engine Control Module (ECM) and it opens and closes the throttle valve. Power supply for the throttle control motor is provided to the ECM via throttle control motor relay. The throttle control motor relay is ON/OFF controlled by the ECM. When the ignition switch is turned ON, the ECM sends an ON signal to throttle control motor relay and battery voltage is provided to the ECM. When the ignition switch is turned OFF, the ECM sends an OFF signal to throttle control motor relay and battery voltage is not provided to the ECM. The opening angle of the throttle valve is detected by the throttle position sensor which is mounted on the throttle body. The throttle position sensor provides feedback to the ECM. This feedback allows the ECM to control the throttle actuator and monitor the throttle opening angle in response to driver inputs.