Spotted a 370z, too cheap?

Buckley

Hello everyone. I've just signed up purely to add some info to this particular gentleman. . .

And when I say 'gentleman', I mean a @*&^%$£ scammer.

I searched the number 07709214020 and this post came up on Google along with the fact (mentioned above) that his number has been searched on 'whocalledme.com' 155 times. . .

So, I sold a petrol go-kart on ebay recently (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264146832827). He messages me his number, texts go back and forth arranging collection. All normal so far. The day comes (today) and he says 'sorry delayed 2 hours'. Ok, so I wait at home. Of course he never shows up and when I called he cut me off and sent a text 'Can't talk, text me'. I did, asking if I'm wasting my time waiting, no reply.

I've got two names for him listed on eBay weirdly, William Hope or William West, and an address of 37 Woodlinken Close, Verwood, Dorset, BH31 6BP. Here's his house to egg if you're in the area looking for probably a fictitious 370Z lol - https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=51688806&sale=28251303&country=england.

There's a Gumtree ad for the 370Z as well, name just says 'Will'.

I note the eBay profile name for his car advert was 'haymel_9' but the account he used to buy my kart was 'haylie1975' with feedback of 746 (sounded good!) Possibly his missus' account for the car sale but still dodgy as he has his own to use. . .

That's my 2p anyway. I don't know why these people bother. I will have a close watch on my garage now though as he has my address and knows where the karts are stored.

19 hours ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

according to the app it has never been written off, but it says cat d in the ad? :wacko: although it says my car hasn't had a colour change either....

If you drop the reg into AutoTrader as if you are going to sell the car yourself, on the second screen it will flag up if the car is a write off.  

Most other sites wont tell you for free.

Just done a search of the address on RightMove and the pictures he sent yesterday show that house In the back ground......

all a bit weird

as I said earlier if I was anywhere near it I’d go to have a look out of curiosity now, some parts add up, some smell of poo

ill keep watching the auction and ad see what twists it takes next 

he mentioned someone looking at it Friday night and Saturday but took that with a pinch of salt, he seemed cocky it would sell anyway, if it’s legit

Already have done mate, it’s a no go from me

im just keeping an eye on it

he does reply back though

even if I entertained going down to where it’s at I’d probably meet some unsavoury characters if I went with cash

not worth it

it wasn’t that my budget was 7k it’s just you see something and think that’s a steal when our lass is looking at Ford Kugas for twice as much

cant keep myself off AutoTrader

i hope that lottery syndicate comes in when I get to work tomorrow and I’ll buy that Z and crash it for a laugh

On 18/02/2019 at 09:31, Toon Chris said:

When looking for any car, use Arnies website. It is free to check if any car was ever in a salvage auction and find out all the MOT history.

For a few quid you can also get  true idea of the real damage:  https://www.vcheck.uk/search/SB09ZEN/

Reports on vcheck will show you original auction images. If you just put a reg in as in the link here it will tell you for free if there are any salvage auctions straightaway 

this is the nissan from the link, it was twice on copart uk:

bc8c8b4f-b9aa-489c-a769-750628a2c8bc.JPG

ade6023a-af56-4e43-88dd-b77ec595a82c.JPG

Edited by Mierzwin

12 hours ago, Mierzwin said:

Reports on vcheck will show you original auction images. If you just put a reg in as in the link here it will tell you for free if there are any salvage auctions straightaway 

this is the nissan from the link, it was twice on copart uk:

bc8c8b4f-b9aa-489c-a769-750628a2c8bc.JPG

ade6023a-af56-4e43-88dd-b77ec595a82c.JPG

That should polish out nicely ..