Spotted a 370z, too cheap?

Buckley

Hey guys

been looking at 370s again and stumbled across the below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-370z/233122675929?hash=item364731bcd9:g:oRwAAOSw5xhcVbVY

anyone else seen it and what do you think?

its Cat D but apparently it was wing bonnet and headlight which has been repaired

i can live with mileage at that price, just to use at weekends etc

any thoughts?

or, even better, anyone near Verwood to view it as I’m 171miles away and would mean a day off work to travel all the way down south to have a look - if anyone can help it would be appreciated

not sure what else to be looking out for with insurance claim ones but it looks clean enough despite only camera phone photos

cheers

Probably a scam - last cheap 370z posted on here from ebay was around that price - the seller than claimed they had recently moved to the other end of the country but could deliver the car for a few hundred pounds transferred to them.

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/07709214020 might not mean anything but the phone number in the ad has been searched 150+ times which sounds a bit dodgy to me - the average persons phone number will probably have never been searched once

Looking at the sellers feedback, it looks a bit strange. It's all positive and fairly recent but whenever clicking on any of the pages it leads to a missing page, and to me looks like all of the sellers that the user has bought from have been deactivated. Looks like a scam in all honesty based on that alone.

You could just contact them via ebay (not the phone number) and ask them some questions, if they come back asking for deposits or any other sort of rubbish like 'my friend is away, the car is in storage' blah blah just forget about it.

A look at the number plate and its not been taxed since Nov last year and has an awful mot history with loads of issues with brakes/exhaust/tyres driven to beyond legal limit etc. Sounds like an uncared for car which will have lived a hard 96,000 miles...

Thanks for the replies

it was me that posted that obvious scam other one

thus one seems ok as they say car is viewable but I’m miles away in Sheffield which is my problem

ill message and ask for a number later but anyone in that area fancy a gander!?

I’ve got a contact number for them, might try on my dinner if I get chance.

can I ask what sites you look on for tax and MOT etc so I’ve got a bit of ammo when I ring?

anything else I ought to be asking?

seen it on AutoTrader too and at the bottom it says it’s for sale as they have been banned...... makes me dubious as to what it’s been up to

2 minutes ago, Buckley said:

downloaded vehicle smart app but it isn’t recognising the reg C4 PCD

unless I’m being stupid....

In the ad it says reg is Sb09zen

I'd be tempted to do a hpi check before even considering going to see it. This will also tell you if the reg has been changed recently which will confirm/deny if it's the same car!

I used experian autocheck when looking for my car, from memory it's 5 checks for £20 and that includes some kind of guarantee too! 

Edited by Rikz2004
More info

18 minutes ago, Buckley said:

downloaded vehicle smart app but it isn’t recognising the reg C4 PCD

unless I’m being stupid....

Saw that one this morning LOL. Seen couple ads where people are getting banned. Probably been ragged to the hills.  The ad stated he had another project car. Interesting. Call and ask for the original plates. These guys and their private plates, messes up the whole process during sale. I had to wait 10 days to tax my 350z. He should change the plates back to originals now if its actually for sale!

MOT history check and HPI from reputable site. See what hes been up to.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

56 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

according to the app it has never been written off, but it says cat d in the ad? :wacko: although it says my car hasn't had a colour change either....

The App doesn't do that for free, if you select the box it comes up with a page telling you what it will check for you if you select the payment option further down.

• Like 1

I’ve spoken to him

he said car was SORN but said a few weeks ago, the app says November when it passed MOT

damage was bonnet bumper and headlight apparently, all repaired now though

MOT advises on catalytic converter heat shield corroded and rear subframe slightly corroded

im no mechanic at all so have no idea what that entails or how to fix it

he is due to be banned he says for doing 145 in his mates M6, he said 6month but that seems a bit too lenient for me, he is in the marines and he’s selling all he can to keep his job, he stands to lose 7k + from when he bought it

he is more than willing for someone to look at the car and asked me times, said I’d get back to him

ive asked for fresh pictures so I’ll check my phone now and again at work..... let’s wait and see

for 7k with those repairs due it seems good I think, what you think? I’m just wary of so many bum holes posting crap that isn’t real, wish it was near me and I’d be round tonight for a look

To be honest, go for a much more cared for one for more money. This screams money pit. Google 'I bought the cheapest [insert car name here] on the internet and it cost me..." see what comes back up ;)

Did you check to see if he had receipts for the new brakes, tyres, tie rods, wipers, bulbs etc. which were all fails/advisories on the Nov 2017 MOT fail which disappeared in 2018?

Edited by coldel

Catalytic converter heat shields aren't really necessary so the rust isn't a problem.  Rear sub-frame rusting could be an issue though depending on the severity, as it's not a particularly easy or cheap job to do - although they may be referring incorrectly to the W brace which is always rusty and fairly cheap to replace.

If you've got a budget of £7,000 you are much better off buying a decent quality low mileage 350z DE/RevUp with full service history.  Any 370z you are going to get for that money will likely be plagued with problems.

Well Well

to my surprise he’s posted 4 brand new pics with original reg too

its got a slight scuff on rear bumper but that can be sorted easily and alloys need a refurb

ive asked for service history so see what we get from tfay

7k with this many miles still seems cheap but ok for a weekend runner?

anyone willing to help that’s local to view it for me?

I've had a look at the listing myself. 

They have in excess of 40 entries of feedback received as a buyer, but none as a seller.

Plus, if you look at the feedback received, a lot of the entries seem to be duplicated, even down to the grammar (commas and fullstops being in exactly the same place).

There are also no items numbers visible on the feedback. I checked my own feedback and even entries that are over a year old still show an item number.

They could be genuine, but with it being a CAT D, I personally wouldn't entertain it.

This car was on eBay before Christmas for £9000 one of the guys I work with was considering it. He never made contact about it though. 

More thn than likely referring to the W brace as mine had that on a previous mot. turned out to be  w brace and kidney brackets

Thanks a lot lads

as always, stylish and impeccable forum wishing only the best for fellow members

after consideration and messing about it’s not worth the hassle

ill leave it, maybe someone will get a bargain maybe someone will get a pig, either way I’ll leave it

thanks again for all the replies and help

ill be keeping my eye on the auction and AutoTrader ad too as a mate told me this was on eBay for 7,500 before and now it’s dropped again

its either a steal or another fraud,but to be fair to the seller he picked up the phone and sent extra pictures

• Like 1