370z True Coilover Options

Silverthorn

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on any true coilovers kits for the 370z that are worth considering? 

Ive got BC BRs with custom spring rates at the minute and want to move over to true coilovers so that I can get adjustable toe arms for the rear as well as installing a stanceparts air cup kit front and rear. 

I'm aiming for relatively high spring rates so I may end up swapping the stock springs to custom springs depending on what comes as standard with the new coilovers. They'll need to be slightly shorter with helper springs to accommodate the air cup kit anyway! 

At the minute I'm considering the K Sport coilovers https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/suspension/coilovers/1361-370z-ksport-kontrol-pro-true-coilover-kit-cns340-kp.html

Or ISC coilovers https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/suspension/coilovers/10246-370z-isc-suspension-street-sport-series-n1-coilover-n029-s.html

Ive also been considering Scale Suspension but I'm not too sure if I fancy paying the shipping and import tax... https://scalesuspension.com/shop/en/nissan/272-nissan-370z-09-z34-innovative-series.html#/lock_ring_color-blue/custom_springs_color-original_color

Any advice or comments from people with experience with either would be awesome! 

Cheers

IMG_20190105_204320.jpg

Edited by Silverthorn

@Adrian@TORQEN I had considered fortune auto, but by the time I add swift springs the price point starts getting very close to the £2k mark. At which point I think I'd rather have some 326power coilovers instead. 

I'd like to budget around the £2250 mark for the complete suspension setup and once I've bought the air cup kit, that will leave with around £1350 ish hence my choices listed above. I'd love to go all out and buy the best of the best but my car will never see a track so imo its rather pointless 

Thanks for your suggestions though. I've personally not really heard of either ISC or K Sport so that's what's really putting me off at the minute... I'll keep hunting :shrug:

• 4 months later...

Bit of a thread revival but figured some people may potentially be interested in the future.

You can convert 370z BC's with a separate spring and shock to true coilovers by purchasing 2 spring perches and 2 locking collars from BC direct.

Then just source yourself a 62/63mm coil spring.

On 03/07/2019 at 16:58, Payco said:

Air ride on your car for the show scene given the budget ?

Not personally a huge fan of air ride. Whenever you see a rolling shot of a car on air ride they're always jacked up quite high with wheels poking out the arches quite a lot :shrug:

I understand why people have it - much more practical, lower for shows etc. Just not my cup of tea personally :huh:

I do like the idea of air cups though. That way I can retain the 'static' lowness of my car but I can at least raise it 2 inches to get over things like bumps and enter slightly raised drives. Being this low without it is stupid really, but weirdly fun at the same time :lol:

Edited by Silverthorn

Don't know how you do it. I hate having to hold up miles of traffic as I cross opposing traffic to avoid smashing my front lip. 

I'm low but nowhere near as low as you so I really don't know how you do it. 

2 hours ago, Umster said:

Don't know how you do it. I hate having to hold up miles of traffic as I cross opposing traffic to avoid smashing my front lip. 

I'm low but nowhere near as low as you so I really don't know how you do it. 

It's not too bad to be honest. I don't drive the car during rush hour anymore and I always detour if I know the roads are bumpy.

My commute used to be about 5 miles and there was only 1 spot where I actually had to slow down. 

I do have to be extremely specific with the roads I choose to go down though!

1 hour ago, ShortPaul said:

Do you scrape on cats eyes

Occasionally. If it's a smallish cats eye on the motorway and the road is smooth then I'll be okay. If its a larger one or the lanes are a bit bumpy then I probably will. 

I change lanes quite fast though so I tend to skip between the gaps :lol:

29 minutes ago, Silverthorn said:

It's not too bad to be honest. I don't drive the car during rush hour anymore and I always detour if I know the roads are bumpy.

My commute used to be about 5 miles and there was only 1 spot where I actually had to slow down. 

I do have to be extremely specific with the roads I choose to go down though!

Occasionally. If it's a smallish cats eye on the motorway and the road is smooth then I'll be okay. If its a larger one or the lanes are a bit bumpy then I probably will. 

I change lanes quite fast though so I tend to skip between the gaps :lol:

Lol:drive1

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2019 at 18:20, Silverthorn said:

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on any true coilovers kits for the 370z that are worth considering? 

Ive got BC BRs with custom spring rates at the minute and want to move over to true coilovers so that I can get adjustable toe arms for the rear as well as installing a stanceparts air cup kit front and rear. 

I'm aiming for relatively high spring rates so I may end up swapping the stock springs to custom springs depending on what comes as standard with the new coilovers. They'll need to be slightly shorter with helper springs to accommodate the air cup kit anyway! 

At the minute I'm considering the K Sport coilovers https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/suspension/coilovers/1361-370z-ksport-kontrol-pro-true-coilover-kit-cns340-kp.html

Or ISC coilovers https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/370z/suspension/coilovers/10246-370z-isc-suspension-street-sport-series-n1-coilover-n029-s.html

Ive also been considering Scale Suspension but I'm not too sure if I fancy paying the shipping and import tax... https://scalesuspension.com/shop/en/nissan/272-nissan-370z-09-z34-innovative-series.html#/lock_ring_color-blue/custom_springs_color-original_color

Any advice or comments from people with experience with either would be awesome! 

Cheers

IMG_20190105_204320.jpg

Loving those wheels , hope you don't mind me asking what the are please >> ta Lee 

12 hours ago, lee65 said:

Loving those wheels , hope you don't mind me asking what the are please >> ta Lee 

They're Aodhan DS02's that i had imported from America via Royal Speed Shop and then powder coated in a Ford Rock Grey.

Specs are 19 x 9.5 et15 for the front and then 19 x 11 et22 for the rear with a 25mm spacer on the rear.

There's a bit more info in my project thread here.