*For Sale* 350Z V6 Engine coffee table

mattross1313

Selling my coffee table as we're re-doing the lounge.

I built this around 6 years ago, it looks as good now as it did back then! Whilst the plan/build was done by me, I had all jobs completed by professional companies, which is a testament to the condition it is in now.

The block is resting on 6 valves, which hold the unit very level. The main block came from a DE engine. The glass rests on 4 pistons and rods, I believe also from a 350 (but am not 100% sure as I got these from @Keyser's skip of wonderment!).

The majority of the block has been powder coated in hyper silver, but the top faces have been mirror polished (hard to see in the photos). The rods have been powder coated in gunmetal to give a little contrast. The pistons have been fully mirror polished.

The glass is 70x60cm, toughened, with rounded corners and bevelled edges, and looks great! The glass rests on the pistons and is held is place via some clear silicone pads.

I also designed up a plate for one side of the block (I think it covers the water pump area?), made from stainless steel. This holds a switch uses to turn on the under chassis neons :lol: I had some laying around, so why not! powered by a 9v battery hidden inside the block. There are 2 LED strips running under the centre of the block pointing to the ground. I'll try and find a pic of this, gives a nice glow.

Please let me know any questions. Given the size and weight of the item this is collection only from BH21 or DT11 areas of Dorset.

Given this is from a 350z, I am asking a forum friendly price of £350.

Will be advertised for more on other web areas.

IMG_7371.jpg

IMG_7372.jpg

IMG_7373.jpg

IMG_7374.jpg

IMG_7376.jpg

IMG_7379.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Wow just wow! So much want. Asked the wife and she said no. :byebye:

Same here.

The two petrolheads in the house, including the one who pays the mortgage, say YES but wife says NO. So much for democracy....

Tempted for my office at work though - wife free domain.

2 hours ago, Ponsonby said:

Same here.

The two petrolheads in the house, including the one who pays the mortgage, say YES but wife says NO. So much for democracy....

Tempted for my office at work though - wife free domain.

Ever realised that if  you rearrange the letters in wife, add a few and swap the rest it spells out dictatorship???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks folks. Be sad to see it go, but needs must. Every visitor to the house comments on how awesome it is. 

43 minutes ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Ever realised that if  you rearrange the letters in wife, add a few and swap the rest it spells out dictatorship???

You should get that on a t-shirt :lol: 

2 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Maybe you should offer it with free backbone or tess tickles :stir:

I never noticed my other half breaking my back. It has been a very slow erosion of the bone over many years …..

And the tess tickles were sorted when she sent me off to be neutered. Not sure if that was because she didn't want any more kids or because I had outlived my usefulness.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why didn’t I see this earlier, it’s my dads 70th in July and was looking for something special for him and as he is a huge z fan and loves his 350 that would have been perfect. Well if you decided to make another I’d bite your arm offfor one .