BIG rust problems!

GeorgeW

Had my Z for a little bit, and its MOT has come around..

It failed in Formula One Garage in Shrewsbury on emissions (its got a decat). I took it for a second test in Meifod garage (family used and willing to help..) It failed, but the emissions was the 'good news'..

Rust is bad. Potentially really bad. The W piece is in pieces, which I can replace no problem, but its more the frame that this is connected to. It has holes big enough to stick your finger in..

And then the sills. Rusted, but also bent, possibly due to being misused on a ramp, but more likely due to being weak from the rust.

I bought this car with full service history, and from the outside its a beautiful example, so I really wasn't expecting this.

So I am looking for advice, what needs replacing, and how much? I really don't have the money for best bits, more second hand, slightly used!

I would really appreciate any information you can give.

Regards

George

IMG_2646.JPG

IMG_2652.JPG

IMG_2650.JPG

IMG_2649.JPG

after a bit of research, the bit in the first photos is the front crossmember, this looks simple, and cheap enough to sort.

Really just the sills now, cant find anyone with this issue!

Edited by GeorgeW

• 1 year later...