Rusty underside... JDM

jbrunouk

Hey all. I have just had my car on a ramp... and the cobra exhaust checked as the exhaust clamps had rusted through. I was shocked by the amount of rust.  EVERYWHERE... The sub frame under above the exhaust silencer and the just shocking. I wanted to know if anyone can recommend an place that can treat preferably by sanding down and treating them under sealing the entire underside. I am in West London.. let me know if you know a garage.. possibly how much you paid if you had it done.20190124_230417.jpg.cbbf7fafc08e7dd7b121c27760ddddce.jpg

20190124_230420.jpg

Yep, no dramas there, get your diff bush changed next time its in the garage. If you plan in keeping the car a while, i do an underseal kit from Bilt Hamber, easy to use and will help protect the parts more prone to rusting. 

7 hours ago, SHEZZA said:

Nothing to worry about there. Though your diff bush has gone, though again so has every other zeds as well unless they’ve been changed for poly bushes.

Looks pretty clean under there.

My diff bush had gone at 17,000 miles. Suspect it is age of car related rather than mileage related? It perishes and then the fluid filling leaks out. I think that many owners either don't notice or just ignore it?

I spotted mine quickly and got the person who sold me the car to pay for it. Had the diff dropped out and all the bushes changed even though only the rear one had gone. Changed for Whiteline - don't think Nissan just sell the bush, you have to buy the whole mount.

• 5 months later...
On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 14:03, G1en@waxandshine said:

Thats what the bilt hamber products are, just generalised it as underseal. 

Hi. How much is the underseal kit from Bilt Hamber. Is it easy to apply or for a garage to complete?

Think its on the website at £58 but you can also buy the products individually at around £15 each. Its fairly easy to do. I did it on my driveway with axle stands. 

Like with anything, preperation can make a big difference to the longevity of the products although they are formulated so they can go straight onto rust if you cba. 

You will need best part of a day to do it right if you part strip the car like i did. Check my build thread.